GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mint Oreo Cookie

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I guess we don't have to agree, but we can respect each others right to voice our opinions, and being from a different generation, i just never believed in paying somebody to do things that i could do. it is also the pride i take in "hands on" taking care of the the appearance of my car, my wife's car, the house, lawn etc. etc. and reducing expenses where possible.

Painting, cleaning, cutting the grass, fixing a leaky faucet, these are all things that the average guy/gal can do, ( and save some money by doing it yourself ) but replacing the central air-conditioning, i would have to call a technician.

Many of your fellow forum members take their car to a self wash spray place to knock the salt off and maybe a little more during the winter months, there are probably a few threads about that and hopefully a car wash like that is near you.

My point was you are spending a lot of money on your car, sure you might want to spend more so conserve where you can and you will have more money for mods for your car, that's all.

Good luck with all of your future mods.

Last edited:

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
^ well put, and sorry didn't mean to try to sound like an asshole, just a long day at work. Haha. I know what you mean, and like I said, I usually do wash it myself, I take pride in doing it, and of course you're right, I save money by doing so.

Thanks for the kind words by the way, hope to hear from you with the future mods. I can take criticism, usually. ;) haha.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
meh, I pay $12.99/mo for unlimited washes with hand drying , no brushes - well worth it, imho. When I didn't have kids I'd wash my car in the drive way in the summer, now, I just don't have the time/energy, etc, so the money is well spent imho but I can def understand not having a place to wash your car.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Good, i like to follow build threads because you are the guys with a plan and take a lot of pride in personalizing (like your black vinyl wrap) and other mods that you have done, I look forward to watching your progress.

My mods, minimal, GTI brushed alum insert on the seats, and red foot well lighting, oh and i do have a storage tray for the back hatch area. That is it, not too exciting but probably it for me.

Peace and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Good, i like to follow build threads because you are the guys with a plan and take a lot of pride in personalizing (like your black vinyl wrap) and other mods that you have done, I look forward to watching your progress.

My mods, minimal, GTI brushed alum insert on the seats, and red foot well lighting, oh and i do have a storage tray for the back hatch area. That is it, not too exciting but probably it for me.

Peace and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

Thanks, same to you. Although there will probably be another update within a week, so sometime before Christmas. Should get the speakers and everything wired within a day or two. Maybe put up a video of my system at work. :)

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
I Want a Downpipe Now. Ukrkid37 convince me.. ! Now Santa drop that mofo DP at my door step now would U.. Wish everyone a Happy New yrs.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
I Want a Downpipe Now. Ukrkid37 convince me.. ! Now Santa drop that mofo DP at my door step now would U.. Wish everyone a Happy New yrs.

Haha, you liked it when I drove off eh'? Quick question, wanna make me a GTI Front Grille Badge too? Black with a White Trim around it? =D

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
>.< Gay, I want a badge like that...and I can't find a place that sells one that's black with a white trim, can only find black with a chrome trim.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
I got the green bulbs from vvme.com. And a slim hid kit from ddmtuning.com.

Works fine for me, only has issues when the car is extremely cold, but after it sits for 10 mins or so, they work just fine.

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
You should look into stopping by sometime at a meet in farmingdale. When it gets a little warmer we usually have around 15 GTI's. Always cool to have another dubber. Check the Regional forums from time to time

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
What kind of issues do you have for those ten minutes before everything goes back to normal?

Basically, the lights will go on, and stay on, then turn off, or only one side will stay lit, but it's not just my HID's, my friends GTI also has problems like that sometimes. I had no issues during warmer weather.

DjMikey: Will do, especially now that I have more time, took a semester off classes, so, we'll see how things work out. Will check Regional forum now to see though. Thanks for the heads up. =D