GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 Golf starts production in August

Tecni

Ready to race!
Agreed. Not a good idea to buy the first year of a new platformed VW.
So you're looking at 2 years.

I bought from the 1st batch of Mk6 and don't have 1/2 of the problems people on here have with their cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 1st yr mk7

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
I have 2 shots, somewhere(cant remember where I stuck them) from a euro mag -- but it looks a bit more like the current jetta -- bit more "angular", sharper edges/corners, front end is even more squared off, "blockier" tail-lights and back end....

VW is chompin' at the bit to get this out there globally though, with the promise of "becoming the world's largest auto manufacturer by 2015(or was it 16?)" , and this new MBQ platform is a HUGE step forward....

the standard Golf(s) will drop first, and probably the GTI in about 9 months-year behind that.....so we're looking at 2014/15 US release :(

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
I bought from the 1st batch of Mk6 and don't have 1/2 of the problems people on here have with their cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 1st yr mk7
yep, even my build date is 10/09.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion

Agree, but Mk6 was really just a MK5. This is all new, supposedly.

I prob wont hesitate, but I do think the chances are higher(issues).

CFG9000

Ready to race!

The MK6 isn't a new platform.

Halvie

WOOSA
I dont know any of this information. I'm just passing along what I've found out from my friend in Chatanooga. I could certainly ask, but he's too hush hush about things.

2014 for the next R would be nice. Prob won't have this car by 2016, so assuming it is going to be impressive, it would be good timing.

C4L

Banned
I highly doubt GTI will be getting a major power boost. If VW did that it would be ahead of the Audi A3.

The WORST figure I have heard is the 235hp from the Edition 35 GTI. That is almost a guarantee at this point. 250-260hp is what most report.

And the A3, at least for the US market, is actually going to come with the 1.8TSI with appx. 180hp. An S3 will have the 2.0T with 260+hp.

So figure, Golf - A3, GTI - S3, and Golf R - RS3 in the future.

JhnR

Banned
im pretty excited, and looking forward to the new GTI...by then my GTI should be paid oFF. YES!

allset

Go Kart Champion
Frig the MK7 i want the rumored GTI RS; with the S3 frame, AWD and the 2.5L T.

2014?...2015?.....never??