GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MDI SW update:

bmanMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
stupid question...would this work by putting it on a SD card and then putting that into the SD slot? Probably not, but I thought I would ask. I don't think I have the USB cable.

Esteban Yobs

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe it's for all the touchscreen headunits. People are not updating it all the time, just those of us experiencing bugs (skip between songs, slow interface). If you are not having these issues then you don't need to worry about updating. I think that this is just the second software update to come out.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
I believe it's for all the touchscreen headunits. People are not updating it all the time, just those of us experiencing bugs (skip between songs, slow interface). If you are not having these issues then you don't need to worry about updating. I think that this is just the second software update to come out.

Oh I'm just bustin chops because everyone says my headunit is small (that sounds bad) :laugh:. I've got the 315 and love it, but the 510'ers out there hate the 315.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
^ well everyone knows size matters.. pshh..

mikochu

boogerface
So...yeah, I don't think this update is new. It's from last year. I've had the update since December. Bleh.

mark986

Ready to race!
Update is new. Worked on mine. You should just be able to turn off the radio or restart your car for the reboot.

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
OH EM GE. Just did ti...It works so well now. So nice and quick, no lag. Kinda like how it should have worked from the beginning, you know? :p

Esteban Yobs

Passed Driver's Ed
The update is great, faster scrolling with little lag and no skip between songs. I no longer dread having to change albums anymore. And it remembers my scoll location when i return to the selection menu Great update, everyone should really get this if they haven't done so already.

A new headunit was on my list of upgrades but now I am content.

kimsballs

Ready to race!
Anybody have this cable in the Orlando area? Also, is the cable the one you get from driver gear?
I will at the end of May, if you still need it by then, LOL. Driving home after SoWo as right now I'm stationed in Kentucky. I would put the update on a thumbdrive and just go to your vw dealership and see if you can hold one for a few minutes.