GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Style LED Headlights from Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Is there somewhere I can read up on these? I think I'd like a set, but I don't know how I'd install it. Also, what is involved with getting the leveling to work? 55 bucks doesn't seem bad. What all would I need beyond the $610, including the bulbs and all? What are the prices for those things?

Hey, I will be up and advertising on VWVortex, and there is a huge disussion on one of my past ads about these lights within the next couple of weeks.

Basically, you just need an HID Kit with some D2H bulbs, D2S will probably fit too and access to a VCDS/VAG-COM to disable your DRLs.

The Euroswitch and leveling switch are optional. For the leveling switch you probably need to run a repair wire from the switch to the leveling motors to get them working.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
As for lights without the LEDs, no one currently makes replicas of those yet. I doubt that they will since these lights are available.

Talking to the folks at the factory, they were saying the cost of developing the molds is extremely high for such a complicated headlight, they basically need to sell several thousand units to make any money at it.

chino246

Ready to race!
So, Basically $610 + $150 would give me these housings w/ HID's just no auto leveling and stuff that the Bi-Xenon's do on the Autobahn / Sunroof Navi GTI's?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How many of these are available and when is the official cut off date for the group buy?

inc55

Go Kart Champion
This is one of the coolest products for people who have halogens. My initial plan was to get a 6 spd base and buy these lights. But the car I wanted sold. Sickest lights for cheaper than LED tails.

chino246

Ready to race!
These would make my little base GTI look sick (to go along with the Group Buy OEM LED Tails that should be on their way in the near future)!

nikhsub1

What?
I can vouch for these lights, they are the bomb :) I'm bummed though I want the black ones now! Anyone want to trade for my regulars? :D

Art Vandalay

If I go with a kit from theretrofitsource, which wire harness do I need (and I'm also assuming that I'll need a CAN-BUS harness). Thanks!

chino246

Ready to race!
So, Basically $610 + $150 would give me these housings w/ HID's just no auto leveling and stuff that the Bi-Xenon's do on the Autobahn / Sunroof Navi GTI's?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How many of these are available and when is the official cut off date for the group buy?
???

allset

Go Kart Champion
can u run the leds as drls with vagcom? Will DDM 35 watt slim ballast work with any D2H bulbs?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Will the vvme kit work? is this all I need? This kit has the bulb and ballast. I'm confused how it will work though.

Can you sell the one with the ballast and bulbs, so it's really plug n play. If I'm adding a new ballast, I would have to do some re wiring. Right?

http://www.vvme.com/search-result?s...cat=0&search_in_description=0&sort=20a&page=3

All you need is an HID kit with a set of D2H bulbs. There is a power and ground wire from the headlight you need to hook up to the HID Ballast via a couple of spade connectors, and that is it. Plus make a hole in the rear cover to run the wires out and find a spot to attach the ballasts.

I cant compete with prices such as from DDM Tuning and other companies, so that is why I'm not offering a kit at this time.

allset

Go Kart Champion
All you need is an HID kit with a set of D2H bulbs. There is a power and ground wire from the headlight you need to hook up to the HID Ballast via a couple of spade connectors, and that is it. Plus make a hole in the rear cover to run the wires out and find a spot to attach the ballasts.

I cant compete with prices such as from DDM Tuning and other companies, so that is why I'm not offering a kit at this time.

how about using the leds as drl with vag com? possible?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
can u run the leds as drls with vagcom? Will DDM 35 watt slim ballast work with any D2H bulbs?

The way the lights are designed, the LEDs are your parking lights. You can use a Euroswitch to run it so only your front parking lights are on, but your rear taillights will come on as well.

I think there maybe someone who figured it out to run as DRLs, I post once I find out.

Sukhanas who was selling retrofits was using DDM brand ballasts and they seemed to work fine with the MK6 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.