GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Style LED Headlights from Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allset

Go Kart Champion
The way the lights are designed, the LEDs are your parking lights. You can use a Euroswitch to run it so only your front parking lights are on, but your rear taillights will come on as well.

I think there maybe someone who figured it out to run as DRLs, I post once I find out.

Sukhanas who was selling retrofits was using DDM brand ballasts and they seemed to work fine with the MK6 cars.

so the euro switch will allow me to have the leds on with no low beam and the rear tails as well?

is there is only one version of the euroswitch?

chino246

Ready to race!
I am in between getting these, intake or a CBE. Can someone please answer my question? Obviously intake would be cheapest but I think having my exterior looking dope would be better. Thanks

KJT

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info Ed, I think I got it now, so the factory headlight harness plugs into the ballast, then from the ballast to the new headlamp. The ballast will power the LEDs, bide on and the high beam?

Last edited:

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info Ed, I think I got it now, so the factory headlight harness plugs into the ballast, then from the ballast to the new headlamp. The ballast will power the LEDs, bide on and the high beam?

Not quite, I will take some photos and explain better. The headlights were designed specifically to work with an aftermarket HID kit.

The power and ground from the housing goes to the ballast. The ballast than powers the HID bulbs. The LEDs are powered and controlled by the car's wiring harness

I have the photos up in a day or two.

chino246

Ready to race!
So am I wrong if my assumption was correct? $760 would make this a functional HID ?

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Pics of the black headlight housings today?

KJT

Passed Driver's Ed
Not quite, I will take some photos and explain better. The headlights were designed specifically to work with an aftermarket HID kit.

The power and ground from the housing goes to the ballast. The ballast than powers the HID bulbs. The LEDs are powered and controlled by the car's wiring harness

I have the photos up in a day or two.

Cool, so I need to make sure the factory harness fits into the ballast. I see the light masta. :) Thanks

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Ed what sort of warranty are you offering with these? I know it's not like you are the manufacturer etc. But just wondering.

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
The way the lights are designed, the LEDs are your parking lights. You can use a Euroswitch to run it so only your front parking lights are on, but your rear taillights will come on as well.

I think there maybe someone who figured it out to run as DRLs, I post once I find out.

Sukhanas who was selling retrofits was using DDM brand ballasts and they seemed to work fine with the MK6 cars.

Nope, he was using cheap ass Xentec ballasts that blow ever so often

OneHotHatch

Ready to race!
Bi-xenon? Also. Euro. Switch come with trigger wire and instructions?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
For those of you interested as to how the wiring works, I hope these photos explain it better.

Here, the black and the white wires running from the housing goes to the power and ground on the ballast.

You can connect the car's wiring harness into the usual spot as on your halogen headlight.

For bulbs as mentioned, you can use D2H, gives you more room with the wiring, or D2S bulbs but it's a tighter fit, you can remove some of the black insulation for an easier fit.

I guess the advantage of the D2S bulbs is you can use those Morimoto ballasts or even some OEM Ballasts that use a D2S Bulb.

For the projector, yes they are bi-xenon and the flap goes down when the hi-beams are engaged.

For the Euroswitch, I dont have the trigger wire, you can easily pick it up at the Dealer for a few dollars. There are several write ups on how to wire the Euroswitch.

Here is a photo of the leveling switch, anyone with a Bentley that can figure out which wire you tap into to power the leveling motors?

And anyone wondering here is a photo of the rear covers, they look just like the OEM ones.

chino246

Ready to race!
I'm ready to make this my next mod, but I'd like to get a rough estimate of how much this will run me to have them functional. Money is in hand and waiting for a reply so I can jump on this opportunity. Anyone? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.