GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid seats + Blue Coral = clean seats

Merkle

Banned
It's Blue Coral upholstery cleaner. Picked it up from amazon for $9.

I've used that before in my Explorer when I quit smoking. It really did help to get the smoke smell out and cleaned up the seats really well.

IVVVIKris

Ready to race!
I've used that before in my Explorer when I quit smoking. It really did help to get the smoke smell out and cleaned up the seats really well.

It cleaned up my passenger seat really well, the driver seat is going to need a few more passes w/ this stuff. To the cleaning chemical gurus: would steam combined w/ Blue Coral help any? Or use one then the other method?

kwh4375

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've tried Blue Coral in hopes of getting this mysterious whitish stain on the side bolster out (from the previous owner) and it seems to get rid of it, but a day later...it's back. Good to hear it's worked for you...maybe I should try the version with the scrubbing attachment.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
I found it at Dollar General for $4, works great!

mikochu

boogerface
So I've tried Blue Coral in hopes of getting this mysterious whitish stain on the side bolster out (from the previous owner) and it seems to get rid of it, but a day later...it's back. Good to hear it's worked for you...maybe I should try the version with the scrubbing attachment.

I'm looking for something that removes those stains...probably sweat salt stains? Wondering if I should just steam clean or something...

Probably try this soon: http://www.ehow.com/how_5272686_remove-stains-dark-car-seats.html

ABoyNamedSue

Passed Driver's Ed
Another happy customer. The seats were gross when I bought the car with 6,500 miles, and my wife tried some fancy remedy that didn't work. The blue corral worked wonders, and now the seats look practically brand new.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Another happy customer. The seats were gross when I bought the car with 6,500 miles, and my wife tried some fancy remedy that didn't work. The blue corral worked wonders, and now the seats look practically brand new.

Did you use the plastic scrubber from the lid? I only used microfibers.

Just did a 50/50 comparison in my wifes car on her floor mats with blue coral and an armorall upholstery cleaner. I generally don't like armorall products but it was more effective than the blue coral, and definitely smelled better.

IVVVIKris

Ready to race!

Just did a 50/50 comparison in my wifes car on her floor mats with blue coral and an armorall upholstery cleaner. I generally don't like armorall products but it was more effective than the blue coral, and definitely smelled better.

I might have to give that a try when I run out of Blue Coral. Thanks for doing a comparison!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Surfactants in the form of micelles which are spheres of phospholipids composed of phospholipids with a shell consisting of hydrophilic heads (water loving) and charged hydrophobic tails pointed in towards the core. As far as I know, micelles are involved in electrostatic interactions with dirt and particles having a charge. I only know this because it was on my MCAT

Wow, who did you say was on first? (if that does not mean anything to you google or maybe it is on you tube Abbott and Costello):)

in'64 i wanted to use my father's 58 Lincoln continental for the prom, he said OK, but first you have to blue coral the car. That was when Blue coral paste wax was considered the best. a 58 Lincoln continental is about the size of an aircraft carrier. but i did it so i thought i would be cool. car looked great, i was a bit worn out at the prom.

ABoyNamedSue

Passed Driver's Ed

I did use the scrubber. The seats needed it. The scrubber was black when I was finished. Gross!!!