GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plaid seats + Blue Coral = clean seats

spiker369

on air, don't care
I know I'm bumping this buuuut... I've had a can of it since I saw this thread, decided to just try it now on my arm rest since I plan on reupholstering it in leather anyways. How long does it take for it to actually dry? I sprayed it, used the cap scrubber, then ran a rag over it to absorb any surface moisture but it's still wet to the touch. Just want to get an idea for when i take this stuff to my seats. :barf:

goose1

Ready to race!
When I did my arm rest and front seats it was later I'm the day when I had nowhere to go until the next morning

spiker369

on air, don't care
When I did my arm rest and front seats it was later I'm the day when I had nowhere to go until the next morning

cool thanks.

I ended up doing two applications on my arm rest. The first one was still sort of wet when I did the second. But I sprayed it on, scrubbed with the cap scrubber pretty hard until all the foam went away. Waited some time and then vacuumed the armrest with a brush attachment. Looks brand new now; I'm amazed. :wub:

Last edited:

IVVVIKris

Ready to race!
I used my shopvac with the brush attachment when it came time to dry the seats. I then followed this by running a small oscillating fan in one of the front foot wells for a few hours, leave your hatch or rear doors cracked to help vent the odor out.

Thomason84

Ready to race!
It cleaned up my passenger seat really well, the driver seat is going to need a few more passes w/ this stuff. To the cleaning chemical gurus: would steam combined w/ Blue Coral help any? Or use one then the other method?

I know, old thread but no body ever answered. Steam will definitely help the cleaning process. Most detailers use either steam or hot water extraction to get interiors clean. I use both. You can pick up a Wagner steamer (or similar) for around $100 and it can also be used around the house.

Also, steam would clean most of the cloth alone, detailers only use chemicals for stubborn stains.