GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: South Bend Stage 2 Daily Driver (newest revision)

nomoretickets

Ready to race!
Maaaan i dont know what to do anymore.

I live on LI and there is three really good german tuning shops in my area. I need to upgrade my clutch soon and i cant decide on what to get. One shop says southbend sucks and they dont carry them anymore because nothing but engagment issues and failures. These guys have built plenty big turbo gti's, as well as k04 and regular flashes. They recommend CM. Ive had CM on my previous car and it burned out after 30K miles (JDM), which makes me weary because eveything german is so expensive so i would like to do it right the first time.

The other shops recommend southbend. But ive seen people have problems with them on here.

RandomUserName

Ready to race!
Maaaan i dont know what to do anymore.

I live on LI and there is three really good german tuning shops in my area. I need to upgrade my clutch soon and i cant decide on what to get. One shop says southbend sucks and they dont carry them anymore because nothing but engagment issues and failures. These guys have built plenty big turbo gti's, as well as k04 and regular flashes. They recommend CM. Ive had CM on my previous car and it burned out after 30K miles (JDM), which makes me weary because eveything german is so expensive so i would like to do it right the first time.

The other shops recommend southbend. But ive seen people have problems with them on here.

I have a SB *New* Silent Stage 3 daily on my car. Not problems with it at all. I bought it back in Oct, and it came with the new Exedy disc.

One thing that I did that I have not seen a lot of discussion about was removing the restrictor in the bleeder block. Made a huge difference with engagement.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
I have a non silent stage 2 HD endurance kit and it's been flawless. Yeah, it chatters - but my exhaust drowns it all :D