xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
No gap!

He should give us some details soon :)

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
But their recommended specs say else! (i know i know it's just for legal stuff, but they wouldn't give false data, will only lead to mad customers and more warranty work needed)

I don't think KW wants people to tuck tires to run the coils safely.

StayStetti

Banned
I know man, but what you'll end up doing is only dropping the car about an inch (maybe) coils don't like being that high unless you have linear springs.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Could someone tell me about this facepalm thing?

FK Silverline X are the price of KW V1 and are for the slammed look people (not me)...a bit more and i get KW V2...

I do thank Simms for his help in the other thread, helped me understand a lot...but at the end..i decided to pay a bit more for the exact same coils with the better warranty and name.

Last edited:

StayStetti

Banned
I'd get KW over FK any day of the week, at least they have customer service. And i think you mean silverline X, but yeah kw v2 are great coils.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Silverline x probably make sense for you guys in the US, since KW prices are ass raping, but i am buying from the UK..where KW are priced properly.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
There's definitely some gap there man. You just can't see it because of the tire. Seriously you can get to 24.5 on DG springs, it's not that low.

^
No gap!

He should give us some details soon :)

I highly doubt you can get 24.5 on DG springs... 24.5 is too low for any OEM standards because in the rear there is no space to even fit 1 finger. The fronts at 24.5 you'll have space for 1 fingers gap...

I think 24 to 24.5 is perfect drop because its low but not to the point where you're scrapping on everything. Dont know if Qatar has speed bumps like in Dubai... those are killer.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Yah we have bas roads!

I want same height front and back to kill that illusion rake from the fenders' linear being different heights.

If i ask for 24.5" all around i would expect same height and gap,no?

Sent from my iPhone with typos

StayStetti

Banned
This guy on golfmk6 is telling me that 24.5 ftg is too low to drive

Ever read Dante's Inferno? Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

And no, I've answered countless PM in the past year from that dude about this same topic. He never listens to anything anyone ever says. So, hes on his own.

Hahahaha. My car is that low on springs, with a Votex lip that sits 3-4" off the ground. Ice chunks do scare me.

CVO Chicago Cruise by g60_corrado_91, on Flickr
This .

Seriously not trying to be a dick, but you need to actually listen to what people are saying. 24.5 ftg is ONE inch (maybe 1.5) lower than stock, which can EASILY be obtained with a spring setup.

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Yah we have bas roads!

I want same height front and back to kill that illusion rake from the fenders' linear being different heights.

If i ask for 24.5" all around i would expect same height and gap,no?

Sent from my iPhone with typos

You cant have both, No Rake and have same gap between front/rear. If you do same gap front and back then you'll have rake otherwise you'll get same thing as mine, front has 1finger gap and rear none.

Springs can probably get you to 24.5 but if you plan on getting wheels and are picky with gaps/rake then you'll want to stick to coils so you can dial in specific height to your liking between different wheels.

JhnR

Banned
There's definitely some gap there man. You just can't see it because of the tire. Seriously you can get to 24.5 on DG springs, it's not that low.

come again? thats a big HELL NO, never gonna happen. not with DG springs.

Stein357

Ready to race!
Don't know if you can get them reasonably out in Dubai, but I have H&R Street Performance coil overs. I really like the ride and they have enough travel to go as low or as a high as you could want.