GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ST/KW V1 Recommended ride height

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Phil, I am not choosing coilovers over springs, because i want to be slammed.

I am getting them because the price tag makes more sense than springs+shocks...and i can adjust the height and damping to my liking.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Personally? Stick with the MIDDLE of the spec range. I'm at the higher end and get some spring bind.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
So you are on stock height!?

Lord no. Stock height is way out of the ST spec range. The minimum height by spec (which is still a little high) is 0.8" in the front and 0.4" in the back

Thats with a 32mm Spring seat to 1st thread spec on the rear and a 235mm pinch bolt to collar seat in the front.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Oh going with that sleeper look, i see...so wouldn't all this spring binding result in maybe snapping the springs?

Nah, Its not nearly that high. I'm pretty sure if you go outside the limits of the spec they eventually will, but remeber these coils arent neccessarily geared for the track. I cant really even hear it unless I'm pushing the car beyond its limits. Every now and then I sit in my vehicle and I can hear a slight rubbing noise that sounds like the coils, but I cant recreate it. Who knows?

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Now that's what scares me about replacing suspension..noises!

But i am getting ECS front and rear install kits just to feel like i did my best..

Kinda like the TOP with the FMIC install thing lol..

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Now that's what scares me about replacing suspension..noises!

But i am getting ECS front and rear install kits just to feel like i did what i can do lol

Thats just the best you can do. I have noises all over the place since I did the install myself. No matter what torque specs I try, I cannot get rid of all of them. I figure the DG install will be professionally done to prevent this from occurring again.

Another thing that MK6's dont have is the stupid subframe noise. Pisses me off all the time.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
The subframe bolt noise when you do a hard corner and you hear a CLUCK?

I had that! dealer got it fixed under warranty in couple days!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
^
The subframe bolt noise when you do a hard corner and you hear a CLUCK?

I had that! dealer got it fixed under warranty in couple days!

Thats awesome. Wish my dealer knew a damn thing about it. They keep saying its my upper strut mounts. There's just no point in arguing with idiots. I know exactly what it is and what I need to do.

$12 at ECS is a perfect solution, but the shipping is making me wait until I need to purchase something else from them.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
^
My dealer don't know crap either! i am surprised they got it right..

They are going to try to fix my driver door noise now, everytime they adjust it, they make it worse...this time i am not getting it back until it's fixed........

Oh man! you live in the US and you complain about shipping fees? get that bustard ordered! :mad:

:D