GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ThatGTI Build Thread

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I finished taken the noise pipe out yesterday. That was a whole lot harder than I thought it would be. Now I just need to get a clip to hold the two hoses together.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
i was fortunate to have parents do the same for me when i was 15, 4 totaled cars later i learned my lesson....

be safe man and dont mess up lol

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Congrats dude!

This all depends on the state but I wasn't allowed to drive on my own till 17 here in the garden state so I didn't get my first car until my parents were sure I got my license.

I bet you must be shitting yourself with excitement. I couldn't wipe the smirk off my face when I took delivery of my then-new car with 30 miles on the Odo. Even though it was more of a dad car (Maxima 3.5SE).

I will say, like many others have, to be safe while driving- you may think you know everything (I certainly had a stick up my ass for a while) but you don't and you won't until you've driven on the road for several years.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Congrats dude!

This all depends on the state but I wasn't allowed to drive on my own till 17 here in the garden state so I didn't get my first car until my parents were sure I got my license.

I bet you must be shitting yourself with excitement. I couldn't wipe the smirk off my face when I took delivery of my then-new car with 30 miles on the Odo. Even though it was more of a dad car (Maxima 3.5SE).

I will say, like many others have, to be safe while driving- you may think you know everything (I certainly had a stick up my ass for a while) but you don't and you won't until you've driven on the road for several years.

Yeah, I won't be able to drive it by myself until I'm 16 (April can't come any quicker!). Also I still can't get used to walking home from the bus and seeing the GTI in the garage.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Kid is starting out right. Nice color. Debadged rear. Photography. What you got planned for it if anything? Or are you just gonna sit tight and pay it off ( what i would do if i was you.. plenty of time for fun later)

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Kid is starting out right. Nice color. Debadged rear. Photography. What you got planned for it if anything? Or are you just gonna sit tight and pay it off ( what i would do if i was you.. plenty of time for fun later)

I'm planning on doing little things here and there, but for the most part I'm just paying it off. I'm planning on getting Hoen xenon match fog lights next.

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Yeah, I won't be able to drive it by myself until I'm 16 (April can't come any quicker!). Also I still can't get used to walking home from the bus and seeing the GTI in the garage.

In due time buddy.

I remember downright having anxiety when I took mine to school the next day. Though I couldn't keep up with the kids and their fancy X5s, 330is and G35s, it was my first new car and I was gonna baby it no matter what others thought :p

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
In due time buddy.

I remember downright having anxiety when I took mine to school the next day. Though I couldn't keep up with the kids and their fancy X5s, 330is and G35s, it was my first new car and I was gonna baby it no matter what others thought :p

There is some girl at my school with a newer BMW 6 series, but her parents have an older Ferrari so I would kind of expect it LOL! We have assigned parking spots so I've been eyeing the one that I want. There is a corner spot that has a walk area to one side. Hopefully I can get that and hug that line to try to avoid some door dings.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
Id be more worried about jealous school mates keying the car then door dings...but i don't know what kind of area you live in so might not be an issue.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Id be more worried about jealous school mates keying the car then door dings...but i don't know what kind of area you live in so might not be an issue.

I wouldn't think that would ever be a problem. One of my friends put up a for sale sign in another one of my friends newer Legacy and wrote, "2500 OBO" and then put his phone number LOL! But both of those people will graduate this year so that shouldn't happen.

CodexVelerian

Ready to race!
I wouldn't think that would ever be a problem. One of my friends put up a for sale sign in another one of my friends newer Legacy and wrote, "2500 OBO" and then put his phone number LOL! But both of those people will graduate this year so that shouldn't happen.

That is probably the best prank i have ever heard...

jnj2455

Ready to race!
There is some girl at my school with a newer BMW 6 series, but her parents have an older Ferrari so I would kind of expect it LOL! We have assigned parking spots so I've been eyeing the one that I want. There is a corner spot that has a walk area to one side. Hopefully I can get that and hug that line to try to avoid some door dings.

The HS I attended by no means had a poor budget but for some reason, there was this lot of unpaved gravel that certain seniors had to park in (via a lottery system). Of course, I was one of the lucky seniors who got to park in dust or mud depending on the weather.

I did have a clueless geeky kid in his Camry park literally inches away from my car one morning. I gave him a piece of my mind that afternoon after 9th period lol

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
The folks bought me a lowered on 18s 2005 RSX base for my first car when I was 17 in 2007. Still miss it today, owned it til January last year. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Grats.