GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ThatGTI Build Thread

4DcWMk6

Ready to race!
Good luck with the ride !

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion

Just finished installing the Euro Switch! $30.43 from Buy China! :)

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
They come with a 3M adhesive on the back, so you just pull off the plastic cover align and place.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

did you get the home coming feature to work??

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I got some gloss black emblems and put them on along with my new grill. I also got a set of LED city lights from superbrightleds.com.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I couple days ago I got a set of DriverGear Base Carrier Bars for $130 of a local Volkswagen enthusiast and orderd a set of DriverGear Ski Racks. Also I got a DriverGear Snow Brush. (I'm prepping for next winter :).) I get my license soon too (April 16)! A few weeks before that I'll get a chance to go auto-crossing in Columbus. Here's some of the pictures I took of the bars.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I haven't got a chance to update this in a while, but a couple weeks ago I got a chance to go autocrossing and really get a chance to feel the capability of the car. I had a blast, and I also beat a Corvette that was there (Even though I have never autocrossed before, nor do I have my license.).

R.I.P. Kumho Ecsta (Tires.) :D

Here's the other GTIs that were in my class. The other MK6 was going really slow, and the MK5 had an older guy that was really quick.

I also installed deAutoKey's LED interior and license plate lights. They look are really bright, and look awesome. The only thing is that during the install I broke the housing for the left vanity mirror, so I need to buy a new one of those.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I haven't had a chance to update in a while, but since then I've got a chance to go to another autocrossing event and installed a couple of things. Also I got my driver's license, and I passed without any penalties! :D I'm kind of scared after taking the test, not scared of driving, but just the fact that the test is so easy. I think it needs to more challenging, maybe not as extreme as Germany, but this was way too easy.

I also went autocrossing at Kil Kare Speedway this past Sunday, and had a great time! :) I think I liked the smaller lower speed course better, but I still learned a lot and got to see some nice cars.

Now for the upgrades! I bought another Forge DV Spacer (The other one didn't come, and it's a long story.) and I got it installed and I think I like it. Sometimes it can be a little annoying, but it makes it sound angrier! :D I also installed OEM Porsche Oil and Coolant caps! They look really nice, and make the engine bay a little classier. I also have a black Windshield Washer Fluid cap that's coming in the mail.

Last edited: