GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Installed my shifter shaft bushings that I found in a box yesterday. The old ones were in fine shape, but still soft like the pictures show so the new ones will take out any give they may have had. I still have a lot of side to side play that I think will be cleaned up by the first gear getter. I tried to install that but could not for the life of me pull the plastic part off the ball after popping the 4 clips so I gave up.

Link to video of shifter play since embedding doesn't work well
Jim @ Dieselgeek told me has has a product designed and prototyped that will solve this issue. He is waiting on his machinist and is also hesitant to see if there will be enough interest. You should post in this thread or shoot him an email to show some support and push him towards production!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yea, I found two door ones. I've posted pics below of them just sitting on the sill. I haven't installed them yet cause I'm too lazy to wash the car. You can find them here. They were pricey, but definitely good quality and the packaging was unreal.

Also, don't mind the blue tint. They still have the protective film on them

yeah the length of that still isn't what i'd expect for a 2DR. it'll look good when you get around to the install!

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Just put on the black rear emblem with the Klii color match inlay (excuse the dirt, promise I'll go to the car wash soon).

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Just put on the black rear emblem with the Klii color match inlay (excuse the dirt, promise I'll go to the car wash soon).

can't go wrong with those full circle inlays Klii makes. congrats on losing the butthole-hatch look!

I put one of these on my Tiguan - no regrets.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Ordered 22mm H&R rear sway bar.
Plan for the spring is to get the 26mm fsb and tyrol sport subframe collar kits. And maybe unibrace rb to finish everything up.

The swaybars should compliment my current set up well. DG springs /koni yellows ,unibrace ub and tyrolsport hatch brace

Attachments

• IMG_20200102_155303.jpg
    IMG_20200102_155303.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 107

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I got a single din box to put in my center console to replace the MDI setup. Got the idea from Torga... Didn't realize it was a couple inches more shallow than the existing. Decided to try and make one at home... Still working on it lol

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I got a single din box to put in my center console to replace the MDI setup. Got the idea from Torga... Didn't realize it was a couple inches more shallow than the existing. Decided to try and make one at home... Still working on it lol
I have one. A company called enfig used to make a replacement solution. I can't find it on their site, but maybe give them a call if you can't find it?

Edit: Nevermind. Here it is.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Looks a lot like the one I got off ebay. How deep is that one?
I want to say it's pretty deep. I'll go measure it tonight.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Uni Stage 2 file ordered from ModdedEuros ?. Just need to finish putting the down pipe once I get a new stud and exhaust clamp.

Moar Powa Babe!!!

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Uni Stage 2 file ordered from ModdedEuros ?. Just need to finish putting the down pipe once I get a new stud and exhaust clamp.

Moar Powa Babe!!!
??
I'm planning on going stage 2 soon aswell , but will be flashing Integrated Engineering tune.
I think it's time after having stage 1 for 5years lol. Started out with Apr 1 (93oct), then went to the APR Stage1 High Torque tune. Now I'm Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ( 3,000miles on it so far). I'd give it a 4.5/5. Throttle response is better than APR, and power band is more linear.

I just hope the car continues to be as reliable as it was with Stage 1. If I don't I like it I can always go back ?. At home flashing is so convenient lol

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
??
I'm planning on going stage 2 soon aswell , but will be flashing Integrated Engineering tune.
I think it's time after having stage 1 for 5years lol. Started out with Apr 1 (93oct), then went to the APR Stage1 High Torque tune. Now I'm Integrated Engineering Stage 1 ( 3,000miles on it so far). I'd give it a 4.5/5. Throttle response is better than APR, and power band is more linear.

I just hope the car continues to be as reliable as it was with Stage 1. If I don't I like it I can always go back ?. At home flashing is so convenient lol

Nice! IE was my second choice for home flashing but I have been very happy with Uni so far. Where the power is made seems to be the biggest difference in each tune. The engine can only make so much power with the parts it has it’s just where the power is in the RPM range and how it’s gets delivered. Uni is kinda like a smack in the face which I love. VTEC just kicked in yo!!

Lol yea 5 years is plenty long. I made it a year since being stage 1 but was afraid of killing my clutch. I decided F it and let that sum bitch eat ?. If she starts slipping I’ll take it easy until I get the clutch upgraded.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Epic fail on building console storage box. Glued it and clamped it for around an hour... Didn't hold very well, was trying to use chalk board so it would already be black on the inside :ROFLMAO: Mission aborted