GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wind noise, door rattles and B-Pillar ticking all gone!

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
Hi the part numbers are these country related? I have the exact same issue, but I am from South Africa, and VW locally deny there are any known issues. I have had the car for a year, reported the issue within the first month of owning the car, and its still not fixed. Its actually at the dealer today. Adjusting the stricker seems to help, but then I had more wind noise at high s[peeds and the doors is not aligned correclty. The passanger side seems fine.

its not country specific, its the general part number. not sure about shipping but keffervwparts.com offers discounted stuff. its also a good site to get an idea of the parts. also, had the striker on mine adjusted, re-adjusted, and eventually had to put back to original because i really didnt like how the door wasnt flushed into the body. aside from the fact that it didnt fixed the wind noise.

i would def try out mcqueens vw pasadena. but as of now i got another thing going on which is a malfunctioning booster amp thats messing up my LL speaker.

good luck on your part search as well as convincing your dealer over there.

PurSpyk!!

Passed Driver's Ed
its not country specific, its the general part number. not sure about shipping but keffervwparts.com offers discounted stuff. its also a good site to get an idea of the parts. also, had the striker on mine adjusted, re-adjusted, and eventually had to put back to original because i really didnt like how the door wasnt flushed into the body. aside from the fact that it didnt fixed the wind noise.

i would def try out mcqueens vw pasadena. but as of now i got another thing going on which is a malfunctioning booster amp thats messing up my LL speaker.

good luck on your part search as well as convincing your dealer over there.

Thanks, VW down here are not too willing to help, I had the local rep out to look at the car, and even after driving another Golf 6 GTi (which was almost silent), he still is relcutant to do anything about it. I have been fighting with them now for 12 months to get this issue addressed. At least my doors are correctly aligned now and there is no wind noise, but the other noise is still there. The GTi actually won the car of the year award here in South Africa, they must have been driving with ear muffs on.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
They tried to adjust the doors and messed up the same way..same situation..

are your doors level with the pillars when looking from outside standing next to your car?

do i just print the OP and give it to them hoping they will fix it this time?

i left it at the dealer for a week for loud click from the front, when turning and wind noise and they fixed nothing...i am thinking of changing to a dickhead attitude in my next visit...i have an appointment set in 10 days and i insisted that i want a car to use while they *work on mine*

what do you suggest?

McQueen77

Banned
They tried to adjust the doors and messed up the same way..same situation..

are your doors level with the pillars when looking from outside standing next to your car?

do i just print the OP and give it to them hoping they will fix it this time?

i left it at the dealer for a week for loud click from the front, when turning and wind noise and they fixed nothing...i am thinking of changing to a dickhead attitude in my next visit...i have an appointment set in 10 days and i insisted that i want a car to use while they *work on mine*

what do you suggest?

Yeah, printing it out with all those part numbers etc. might help. I would be persistent. It's an unacceptable problem and they are liable to fix it.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Yeah, printing it out with all those part numbers etc. might help. I would be persistent. It's an unacceptable problem and they are liable to fix it.

I did that very respectfully, they are wasting my time and lying all the time and i was chill to the last moment, the guy was offended, looked at it quickly and gave it back saying "oh it's not the first time we have this problem and we know how to fix it", i made the tech take it and give it to the body shop where they are trying with the adjustment.

I swear to god i won't let them take their loaner until they fix my car, bastards!

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Yeah. I'm probably going to print that crap out and take it too for my first oil change. They cannot seriously expect me to be happy with the wind noise.

Hockeyfan1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a frustrating moment at the VW dealership last night. I have the same wind noise at highway / door rattles as everyone else so i had the dealership take a look at it last night. I am the second owner of this vehicle and I got a surprize tonight! Apparently the previous owner tried to "fix" the wind noise himself by cutting down the drivers side outer weather stripping himself! *facepalm* :confused: and that was all the dealership needed to opt out of fixing the wind noise / door rattles.

I read on another thread to try putting 1/4" rubber tubing from lowes inside the weather stripping. I did that and it worked like a charm, so thanks to who ever thought of that.

lexman098

Passed Driver's Ed
I read on another thread to try putting 1/4" rubber tubing from lowes inside the weather stripping. I did that and it worked like a charm, so thanks to who ever thought of that.

Ditto for wind noise near the top corner (close to your head). Unfortunately I took it to the dealer for this problem before I tried my own fix and they made the whole door more noisy at highway speeds. Not sure if I should take it back or try to adjust the strikers myself.

Also, bump :)

PurSpyk!!

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had this issue with my car since the day I took delivery (got the car in May 2010). VW South Africa basically denied there was any problem with the car, and nothing was done about it. I currently have the irrigation tubes around the doors and this does help, but its madness that you have to do this.

The build quality is really poor. The doors just seem to be too lose, if you lightly push the windows, the entire door moves. I noticed on the Golf 7 the doors seem stiffer, but I believe they are also having noise issues with the door.

Had a 2000 Jetta V5, which was a fantastic car, silent, and far better build quality.

jmul54

Ready to race!
Taking mine in tomorrow for 10000 service gonna try to get this fixed. Dont want them to adjust the striker plate because all I hear is worse problems for people after theres is adjusted. Let everyone know what happens.

jmul54

Ready to race!
Well no go for any fix....they pulled a gti of same build date next to mine with me there and measuered all the seals, they were all identical. They said if it gets worse they will charge the cabin next time and go from there. Guess ill jut be turning the volume up for now.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Regarding the wind noise being discussed here by OP and others - are you folks referring to buffering noise or high pitch whistling noise? I get buffering noise especially while driving at highway speed w/ crosswind. Wonder if it needs to be looked at.