GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurosport Lower front stress bar

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
bleh, only fits 6MT

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
It attaches to the lower control arms.. Now Suspension ain't my thing... So would that reduce body roll? Or chassis flex?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Still haven't seen a picture of this installed, though. Does it just bridge the subframe?

CobraKing

Ready to race!
Still haven't seen a picture of this installed, though. Does it just bridge the subframe?

Just realized the thread's about 3 years old. The lower bar bolts to the location of the front part of the control arm.

I'm more interested in the upper stress bar they have, where would that one bolt to? Strut tower?

mamock116

Ready to race!
I don't think you will get much benefit from the upper brace. The firewall and the strut towers are already linked on the mk6.

CobraKing

Ready to race!
I don't think you will get much benefit from the upper brace. The firewall and the strut towers are already linked on the mk6.

There's a MK6 owner in the UK who has one such bar from Ultra racing on his car. In his words the effect is 'sublime' and noticeable. I'm just curious as this particular bar is quite reasonably priced.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
should reduce chassis flex. sway bars reduce body roll.

Right, but i just saw that it attached to the control arms, and that threw me.. I guess it attaches at the pivot point on the subframe.

Just realized the thread's about 3 years old. The lower bar bolts to the location of the front part of the control arm.

I'm more interested in the upper stress bar they have, where would that one bolt to? Strut tower?

Yeah i did not notice that.. lol Looks like it bolts up just in front of the strut tower. Where you can see it from the engine bay. Is this as effective?

There's a MK6 owner in the UK who has one such bar from Ultra racing on his car. In his words the effect is 'sublime' and noticeable. I'm just curious as this particular bar is quite reasonably priced.

Wet Money up above ^ said he noticed a difference in steering. These parts are pretty cheap. I'm liking the X bar for the trunk. Its a super cheap unibrace XB.