GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TEASER ALERT!! Mk6 GTI Digital Boost Gauge Interface!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion

Below are images of the Mk5 setup...

Cliff's Notes:
  • Digital Boost Gauge!
  • Measures boost/vacuum
  • 0-60
  • EGT
  • Reads and clears codes
  • Air intake temps
  • Coolant
  • Throttle
  • Shift light

What is the availability of this product and who is P3Cars?
The gauge is currently in BETA status…hardware is finalized, and final testing is underway. P3cars got their start making boost gauges for BMW’s, and have dominated that market with their integrated boost gauge product. Unmatched quality and attention to detail has set them apart in the market and allowed them to quickly rise to be the #1 source for a BMW boost gauge.

How does it read boost/vacuum?
Boost and vacuum can simply be read directly from Canbus ECU data via the OBD2 diagnostics port under your dash, or optionally via an analog input.

Where does the other data come from?
The gauge connects to the diagnostic port to pull data, several connection methods are available for quick plug and play install or for fully integrated install onto canbus wires behind the dash. The gauge also has a total of 3 analog inputs for hooking up other optional sensors.

How does it install?
You can buy it pre-integrated in a vent and just pop it in, or save money and install it into your existing vent. Either way there is ZERO cutting involved, and you can reverse the vent to 100% stock at any time.

Does the vent still work?
YES! The top half of the vent remains functional.

What features will it have, and will you have updates?
The product will most likely ship with Boost, AIT, Coolant, EGT, Throttle, RPM w/shift light, 0-60 performance timer, and possibly obd2 code read/clear. More features will be in development and the gauge software can be upgraded easily, without even taking it out of your car!

What will it cost?
Depending on features, sensors, and wiring options are selected, the initial pre-order/group buy pricing will start at $279, and you can spend another 120 or so on optional parts to aid in install or provide additional features.

When can I see more?
A video will be posted on YouTube soon that will show the gauge in action during beta testing. Our engineers are still tweaking software, so certain items may be subject to change.

Where can I buy it?
Redline Motorworks is partnering with P3cars to launch the product in a pre-order group buy that will be shipping for the holidays.

How long is the wait?
We are building them as fast as possible… but some parts are hard to come by, so orders will be shipped first come first serve. We will have the first batch of units ready to ship early December.

Is this all the information?
There are a few extra things the gauge is capable of that we are keeping under wraps for a few more weeks until a full demo can be shown, so stay tuned. Follow us on twitter (http://www.twitter.com/redlinemotrwrks & http://www.twitter.com/p3cars) or check back here for updates.

Contact Info:
647-827-0825
info@redline-motorworks.com
AIM: RedlineMotorwrks

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
YES, Ive seen the digial gauges on 335's and other BMW's Im glad somebody thought of them for the GTI. Will be getting this in the future.

ncelk

Nice,

I like it not only because of the functionality, but also because you retain part of the vent as well.

Might be in my future........

heartcoke

Ready to race!
I would gladly beta test that for you guys for free, awaiting PM. Need to make sure it stands up to the Miami heat :p

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
and i'd love to test it in the middle east to see how it works in fluctuating weather :D

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
im down for testing in the chicagoland area. cold winters and hot nasty humid summers :) pm me redline!!

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Love it!

Two requests:
1. Oil temp
2. V1 or other radar detector interface. Would be a KILLER stealth install.

Status
Not open for further replies.