GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth automatically playing music from my phone?

nkjordan23

When I am at work or want to listen to music outside of my vehicle, i generally use my Droid and scrobble my music using LastFM and winamp.

When I start my car with the Ipod plugged in, the Ipod music starts playing. However, once the phone is connected via bluetooth, it kicks on the music from my phone even if the app is closed.

So everytime I start my car, i have to press the media button and switch back to Ipod. I've looked at settings and see nothing that would control this.

Anyone experiencing this or have any suggestions?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Can't really help you with your issue, I only stream music from my iPhone. I find the sound quality pretty crappy through the MDI. Something strange I have noticed though, even if I've been listening to a cd or the radio or whatever, about 1 out of every 5 times, when i shut off the car, my iPhone starts playing in my pocket!? It's like it was streaming in the background although it wasn't selected, and then switches to the loudspeaker when it disconnects from the car. Anybody else run into this one?

nkjordan23

haven't had either of those problems... though I've never streamed music through the bluetooth.

That's exactly it. I'm not intending to either. But for some reason, the phone/bluetooth is loading the winamp app and playing the music.

I deleted the app..gonna see if that fixes it tomorrow.

nkjordan23

I always stream music via bluetooth for pandora on my droid..
works fine for me..

Yes, streaming music does work fine. It works so good that it runs even when i dont want it to. Thats the problem.

I turn on the car, the car connects to bluetooth and loads my music app and starts playing music from my phone. I have the app closed when i get into the car and yet, it still opens up and starts playing.

So EVERY time i start the car, it doesnt matter if i have the IPOD running, satellite radio, or AM/FM, the bluetooth connects and music from my phone starts playing.

Super frustrating..

jarlaxle

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't have my GTI yet but am really looking forward to being able to stream via bluetooth so this caught my eye. Please let us know what you find.

FWIW my own personal experience with WinAmp software has been very poor to say the least so I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear it's the app, not the car/phone itself.

Sparky_Mark

So EVERY time i start the car, it doesnt matter if i have the IPOD running, satellite radio, or AM/FM, the bluetooth connects and music from my phone

I bought my GTI in September, and I've been battling the same thing with my iPhone every single day. Have you found a solution yet?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
There are TWO problems one has a fix one doesn't

The one that can be fixed is the auto play. go into the menu on the radio and under media or bluetooth turn off BT auto play.

This will prevent the radio from switching from whatever source it is on to the BT source. So if you had sat radio on when you got out of the car and got into the car with this on your BT connects and the source changes. If you turn it off when you get into the car and you have sat on it stays on sat doesn't change to BT audio.

The second issue which has no resolution unless you have an android phone is that your phone will connect and start playing BT audio in your pocket muted. Android you can shut off BT audio manually but you cannot do that in iOS or WP and not sure about others. This is part a VW problem because i have used other BT audio radios in cars that this did not happen with my iphone but it does in my JSW. So basically hope in your car drive down the road listening to sat or whatever and your phone is in your pocket fully on broadcasting music. This really sucks if you have podcasts or something you were listening too that delete when you sync since now you have to put them back on the phone.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Just turn off the Bluetooth option on your phone and problem solved.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
My phone does that too but it never goes automatically plays through the radio even if i am on CD or using a USB stick....oh yeah using a Droid device too