GOLFMKV

OEM Style LED Headlights from Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
To Order:

Use the link to the Buy Now on my VWVortex add:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5555988-MK6-Replica-Style-HID-Headlights-from-Ed-are-Back!

Order yours from the guy that introduced them to North America!

More details here:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24942

Lights are designed for halogen headlight equipped cars, just need to disable your DRLs. They will NOT work on cars equipped with OEM HIDs (wiring harness is different).

I have been able to negotiate a better price, as well, the lights will not have the HID Ballasts or bulbs included, instead a rubber cover like the OEM one will be there. Given feedback that I received, alot of people wanted to a different color bulb than 5000K.

I am having the lights inspected by an independent party before they ship over so I am hoping there will be a minimal number of paint chips or scratches on them.

The R20 version of the lights will also be available, more black, less chrome.

In addition, I am bringing a few leveling switches over if you wanted to get the leveling motors on these lights to work!

Regular Style LED Headlights

Photos are from actual customers.

R20 Style

Price

Invoices will be sent out when the lights have arrived and have been inspected.

Was $740 Shipped, now only $610 Shipped

As noted - you need to buy a HID Ballast and D2H bulbs somewhere else.
All the halogen bulbs are included.

Add a genuine VW European Chrome Trime Headlight Switch with Coming Home for $55.00.

Add a VW leveling switch to control the leveling motors for only $55.00.

Warranty

One year warranty on any leaks or defects with the housing. No major paint chips or scratches in the housings.

Ordering

Please pm or email me with your email and full name, I will send you an invoice when the lights are in.

Edward@becautoparts.com

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Any more pics of the black? Is it basically just plain unchromed plastic? How does it compare the the R ones?

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Is there somewhere I can read up on these? I think I'd like a set, but I don't know how I'd install it. Also, what is involved with getting the leveling to work? 55 bucks doesn't seem bad. What all would I need beyond the $610, including the bulbs and all? What are the prices for those things?

Cawolf86

Passed Driver's Ed
Is there somewhere I can read up on these? I think I'd like a set, but I don't know how I'd install it. Also, what is involved with getting the leveling to work? 55 bucks doesn't seem bad. What all would I need beyond the $610, including the bulbs and all? What are the prices for those things?

Would like this info as well. I read all applicable threads but would love help tallying total costs with the euro switch, leveling switch, bulbs, ballasts, and install. :)

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Hey Ed I have a set of these from last year and they are awesome - beautiful looking and incredible output. Any chance you will have a non-LED option this year? I like those R20 versions.. contemplating a switch if they have an LED-free version too.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
I'm very interested in the R20 version. Do you have any ideas about the quantities of items you'll get in Feb? Are they run out if I don't order now?

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Little competition around these parts. The auto level sensor is interesting. Cant wait to see more pics of the black!

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Hey Ed I have a set of these from last year and they are awesome - beautiful looking and incredible output. Any chance you will have a non-LED option this year? I like those R20 versions.. contemplating a switch if they have an LED-free version too.

Same here! Dont really want the led, but want black ballasts for my xenons

Is that an option?

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Black ballasts? You mean black housings?

chino246

Ready to race!
Okay, so I have halogen lights now. If I buy these lights for $610, how much will the HID Ballast and D2H bulbs run me? Trying to figure out how much this conversion would cost me total. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.