GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Throttle delay fix is found.

gentz1

Ok guys, this is my first post. First a little about myself. I have been a ASE master tech since 1998, have engineering background. I recently purchased a GTI and thought I would get involved . I have been reading about all this dreaded throttle delay, it is not drive by wire delay. I have been logging this and it is the actual design of the throttle angle sensors inside the pedal. we have several potentiometers in the pedal, accelerator pedal position, pedal sender angle(potentiometer1) pedal sender angle (potentiometer 2). During a log of the readings of all the potentiometers there is no response of one of them untill the other 2 are ( one at 18% and the second at 9%, half readings between these two) The delay is that single potentiometer having a dead spot due to a design flaw. I will be building ( fixing) VW's mistake and possibly bring into production new pedal sensors that are fixed. Before this I have to see any possible liabilities for me and from there I will start the production. Possibly will get into custom intake pipes, custom down pipes. First is first, fix what is broken. If any one has a source for some pedal position sensors laying around for beta test please PM me. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGTKNPCPD8&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

JhnR

Banned
welcome first post.

Bill Hicks

Passed Driver's Ed
Sensors, inside the pedal; OK. How about some screenshots of your logging data.

dudemanz

Ready to race!
Welcome gentz! Are you talking about the pedal dead zone or the time delay? I seem to have the time delay problem and not the dead zone in my 2011.

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Thread title is not accurate.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Thread title is not accurate.

This.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad it is being investigated and a possible solution has be thought of but it really hasn't been found yet.

gentz1

The fix has been found... I created a test potentiometer to replace the internal one, tested and The lag is gone. I will be opening up my pedal this weekend and see what can be done to the original potentiometer to modify or replace it. I will have a small video showing this. Like i stated I will crack open mine and beta test on my own pedal. It was tested this morning and works.. I will get back to you with a video of the logging as there as some that dont even know what I am talking about and still questioning it. Will post back tonight with a video log on a 4 channel scope of the before. The after video will come after I button up my pedal with the fix.