GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford Focus ST vs Golf R. Video.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Kind of a weird comparo...

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
If the Focus ST didn't have 3" less rear seat leg room than a GTI (think baby seat) when i visited it, i would have probably bought it.

Attachments

• focus1.jpg
    focus1.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 352
  • focus2.jpg
    focus2.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 333

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
and then returned it a week later?

;)

3"s in which dimension specifically?

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
Too bad they were unaware that stability control can be defeated with simple vcds coding not a flash, I'm sure that alone would have cut the lap time considerably.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
in the dimension where your knees go. thus my car seat pic. my sons legs go at least 6"-9" past the seat. and they would always be mashed into the passenger seat. It has a bad motor mount issue on the first year, glad i didn't get one yet. The engine hammers the firewall on hard 1-2 shifts. They might already have an updated oem mount in the works. And I could barely squeeze into the Recaro. And I'm a buck fifty.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Was his seat all the way in there and yeah, the backseat does look pretty cramped. How far back was the passenger seat?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Sat in an ST today, it felt a lot smaller than my GTI especially when I turned and looked into the back seat. I'm 6'1" and the back of my seat was just about touching the front edge of the back seat.

The GT500KR on the show floor, on the other hand...had Carroll Shelby's signature on the dash, and they wouldn't entertain inquiries unless you were making a solid offer for $150k or better...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
150K? I'd rather buy a Ford GT....

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Was his seat all the way in there and yeah, the backseat does look pretty cramped. How far back was the passenger seat?

seat was sitting as it should be. base was flat. passenger seat was back far enough just to not hit your knees on the dash. smaller interior overall.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
That car seat isn't installed right...should be plenty of room unless your passenger is 6'5".

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
That car seat isn't installed right...should be plenty of room unless your passenger is 6'5".

its installed perfectly. i should know, i have 3 of them. he can't have it upright position yet.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I test drove a focus ST awhile back. Decent power great handling but clunky shifter. Felt cheap inside too.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
its installed perfectly. i should know, i have 3 of them. he can't have it upright position yet.

Just looks like that base piece could flip the other way for more room.

When my 3 year old is big enough for a booster seat I may get a 135i and be done with wrong wheel drive :)