since we dont have one yet i figured Id make one

Things You Will Need
:plasti Dip. Home Depot Sells it for 6.88
:masking tape
:news paper
:dental floss
:3m super hold double sided tape
:Hair Dryer

Pretty simple mask off your front and rear VW emblems take off the front and rear GTI emblems front emblem comes out by popping the hood unscrewing the grill and pushing on the 2 clips. then take your plasti dip shake well and spray each emblem about 5 times when your done with your front and rear VW emblems be sure to take off your masking tape right then so the plasti dip dosent stick. then wait 4 hours and take your front gti embelm and clip it back in fronts done. then around back take your 3m tape and and cut and place it on the g.t and i and take your hair dryer warm em up and stick them on it helps if you use some masking tape to mock up where they where in the first place and.................presto your done. ps if you need pics to mask off emblems you probably shouldent be painting them lol

Last edited:

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
the dental floss is to take out the emblems safely well thats what i think its for because i used dental floss on my old car to take out the emblems

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I took apart the entire front grill to paint mine. There are 3 clips on the GTI badge btw. And unless you want to paint everything behind both front and rear VW emblems, I suggest removing them for paint. I haven't gotten to the rear emblem yet, but the front is done. There's a ton of clips that hold the 2 halves of the grill together, but with a little time and patience you will get everything apart.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
Do you think the white plasti dip will match our white? i wanna try to white the VW and GTI badges on the front only.
here is my l33t GIMP

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 551

rigti9

Ready to race!
This looks a bit smoother, but I don't like the white on front so much. Might give you a better idea... I stole the pic from D3rk01's post.

Attachments

• img5264r copy.jpg
    img5264r copy.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 816

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
That doesnt look white to me. I was looking towards doing the red in the grill, VW and GTI badge.

I saw a picture of one on this forum, dont remember in which post. but the fog light grill was white, along with the red GTI strip in the grill.