GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
still want one. Kinda want an STI too... but would be "scared" they'd change the engine in a year or two.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Just saw my first 2015 WRX. Looks okay on the street, but I would like to see a hatch.

squall

Ready to race!
still want one. Kinda want an STI too... but would be "scared" they'd change the engine in a year or two.

i wouldnt be or should say, i'm not. i like the old ej engines. its kinda like a chevy 350. they've been around for years and you know them well. you know what they can and cant handle. i'm actually more concerned with the new fa engine. i think for me, i'd rather have some old tech that i know can handle 400 awhp than some new tech which is unproven at the moment. or maybe i'm just a purist. haha

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I keep seeing new STI's. Matter of fact just saw 3 this weekend... Gotta love the Bay area. Those folks prob paid over sticker too, because yolo.

I peeked inside one and damn that interior actually looks pretty damn good! But jesus that spoiler and the body kit and the wheels were not ok...

Still wish subaru made the hatch STI :(

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
The spoiler and wheels are pretty terrible on the STI.
I also don't like the rear quarter panel as much as I do in pictures. IRL it makes the car look.... frumpy.... I guess.

The interior looks great doe. Little to no depreciation. Solid chassis. Subaru reliability (at least until 100k when you'll need head gaskets, lol).

squall

Ready to race!
i just received conformation from my dealer. my sti was loaded overnight and officially on her way. she is even up on their website as "in transit". they anticipate delivery in 10-12 days. i cant wait..

Last edited:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

outshined

Go Kart Champion

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
2-3 year redesign? Maybe a minor model change

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I'd expect a facelift or something. Wasn't 2 years the previous facelift schedule for the WRX / Impreza?

How is the initial reliability looking on these things? Any Jeep Cherokee transmission - esque disasters?

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
I just returned from driving a 2015 STI. The only words that come to mind are "Do" and "Want!"

The interior is very much improved over my 2012 WRX, the chassis has little to no flex, the ride isn't bouncy, and oh man can that thing take curves. So, when my wife divorces me for buying another car, can I crash on anyone's couch?