GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
Unless you need serious balls to the walls, an STI is not necessary. I think a WRX is perfect all around more enjoyable, especially as a DD than an STI would be. I'm having a hard time contemplating the WRX as my new ride after the GTI or I go SUV for the first time in my life...

I've been sold on Subaru since I've seen the amazing beating my sister's boyfriend puts on his Legacy and the damn thing will not die. It also went thru some of the craziest snow storms NJ has seen in a while where all the other cars were in ditches on the way to work. They are awesome all around cars.

Yeah, they're different cars, even more so now with the different engine. For me, low end (ie usable) torque is much more important, so the wrx is the better car for me. It doesn't hurt that it's significantly cheaper, either. I do wish it had a bit more power, but it's fast enough, and hopefully tunes will start coming out soon. As far as going from a gti to a wrx, it's not as nice on the inside, but it's a lot more fun to drive, so it depends what youre looking for.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I thought the STI is not faster than the WRX and as a matter of fact it doesn't even make any more power according to dynos...

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
i spotted a white 2015 STI driven by a super old lady!!!!!!! i was like whhhhy?!! i should be driving it. :laugh:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
i spotted a white 2015 STI driven by a super old lady!!!!!!! i was like whhhhy?!! i should be driving it. :laugh:

I saw the same in an Evo MR...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
i saw two 40ish year old ladies driving civic si's in the past week. WTF.

Hatch and Coupe. Must be an old timer thing?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
i saw two 40ish year old ladies driving civic si's in the past week. WTF.

Hatch and Coupe. Must be an old timer thing?

What is it? I'm confused over that. I've been seeing a lot of older people driving these types of cars haha.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
What is it? I'm confused over that. I've been seeing a lot of older people driving these types of cars haha.

Whats your reaction when you roll up?

Im usually on the expressway..so im coming up from behind them like OH YEAH IM GONNA DESTROY ANOTHER RICER......WTF SORRY GRANDMA.

Soon after im thinking....

MAD RESPECT FOR DRIVING A CAR I KNOW IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN STICKSHIFT. GILF.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Im usually on the expressway..so im coming up from behind them like OH YEAH IM GONNA DESTROY ANOTHER RICER......WTF SORRY GRANDMA.

I usually roll up like wow let's see what they do, probably going to try and race me. Then I see a woman in her late 50's driving it, and I'm just confused. I've thought that maybe it could be her son's car.. :iono::bellyroll:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

hahaha same here, either i pull up like aiiiight lets see if he wants to run, or i see him coming up and be like awww shit, im about to get smoked... BOOOOM its some old folks. :laugh:

like this STI that i seen, was full of old people. lol i wonder if they would have the same reaction as us getting into one of our buddies new car so excited.. or they just got in and be like whatevaaaar, its car to get me to point A to B. PSYCH its a fucking STI.

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
I drooled over the WRX, drove a 2014 and loved it. even convinced myself I wanted a 2015 sedan. if they came out earlier I probably would be driving that 268hp beast, but I got froggy and drove the GTI. Needless to say bought the GTI and haven't looked back. For esentially the same price I think the GTI is better, especially since $1k can get you almost 300hp.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I like the WRX but i currently have my eye on an audi a3 k04

exhaust note is tempting doe

whoa, rly?

HURRY UP AND BUY.

Unless you need serious balls to the walls, an STI is not necessary. I think a WRX is perfect all around more enjoyable, especially as a DD than an STI would be. I'm having a hard time contemplating the WRX as my new ride after the GTI or I go SUV for the first time in my life...

I've been sold on Subaru since I've seen the amazing beating my sister's boyfriend puts on his Legacy and the damn thing will not die. It also went thru some of the craziest snow storms NJ has seen in a while where all the other cars were in ditches on the way to work. They are awesome all around cars.

ding ding ding ding ding ding :word:

I thought the STI is not faster than the WRX and as a matter of fact it doesn't even make any more power according to dynos...

0-60, yes, the old one was. now that the new wrx needs to shift, the STI is faster again, lol.

dyno's - yeah, the engines are kind of a toss up really.

Obligatory honda s2000 is best car ever made post.

obligatory this^

I drooled over the WRX, drove a 2014 and loved it. even convinced myself I wanted a 2015 sedan. if they came out earlier I probably would be driving that 268hp beast, but I got froggy and drove the GTI. Needless to say bought the GTI and haven't looked back. For esentially the same price I think the GTI is better, especially since $1k can get you almost 300hp.

word, but a $600 Cobb Accessport alone will get you 300hp (or more) in the WRX, with nothing else needed. Super user friendly and undetectable by the dealer.. win win win.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
S2000 > Miata

Dat price doe.

So my buddy just took delivery of a '15 STI. He told me he was getting the WRX but I dunno... Hopefully I'll be driving it this week. I'll let him drive my $2k Miata to make it fair :laugh:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Dat price doe.

So my buddy just took delivery of a '15 STI. He told me he was getting the WRX but I dunno... Hopefully I'll be driving it this week. I'll let him drive my $2k Miata to make it fair :laugh:

I'm shocked how S2K's have held their value so much.