GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$50K budget...what would you get?

Bose

Ready to race!
Retiring after 26 yrs in the Air Force. Given myself a $50K budget on a new ride in December. Maybe a bit more if it's just something I can't walk away from. New or used...need some ideas...

My Candidates:

Audi S4
Audi S5
BMW m235
Golf R
Shelby GT500
Vette
CLS AMG
Grand Cherokee SRT

and if I could find one that is perfect....1987 Buick GNX

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Options:

Mustang gt w brembo package(not the new one)

Nissan 370z nismo

Bmw m235

Bmw 1m (best condition i can find)

E92 m3

Audi s4/s5

New subie sti

Audi sq5

2 car route:
- keep gti till it dies, get 370z slightly used

- get a lifted wrangler, 370z or mustang gt w brembo package

- lease a base passat 1.8t as my comfortable daily and get either 370z or mustang gt w brembo package

- lease sq5, trade in/part out gti n get a 370z used 30k-40k miles

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
and if I could find one that is perfect....1987 Buick GNX

Whoa!! Good luck finding a cherry 87 Buick GNX! I drove one of those once and I have not forgotten it.

The cars you listed, some of them are quite different from one another (SUV vs. Sports Car vs. lux sedan). Plus I don't know what you need in life. Do you haul a lot of people or stuff, or not?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Audi B7 RS4 with money left over for maintenance would probably be my favorite daily driver, Porsche Cayman S (2014 used one with no options) favorite sports car, and C6 Corvette Grand Sport favorite track car.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for your service to our country!

Personally, the GNX has always gotten me hot and bothered. They are difficult, but not impossible to find in good shape and 50k would go a very long way to building an absolute monster. Plus its already done all of its depreciating and can only go up in value.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Go big this time !

BMW M6 Gran Coupe

CLK black series

Porsche Cayman R

V8 M3 + Supercharger kit

Down payment for the new GT3

Used GTR

C7 Corvette

993 911 turbo

Bose

Ready to race!
Now ya'll are making me rethink my test drives.

Tommy, that 1M is sick! I may have to visit CO and drive it home.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Now ya'll are making me rethink my test drives.

Tommy, that 1M is sick! I may have to visit CO and drive it home.

It will be a very expensive car in 20 years. They are already not depreciating at all. I'd seriously consider it if you have another car available for winter/in climate weather and don't need people-hauling space.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
It will be a very expensive car in 20 years. They are already not depreciating at all. I'd seriously consider it if you have another car available for winter/in climate weather and don't need people-hauling space.

now i know what to get in 5 years, but that'll be my weekend car. ill probably daily a golf r, s4, sq5 or x5m