GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
Hello! Name is Con, from Sydney. Originally from Canada. Just got into a 2010 GTI 5dr a week and a half ago. Love it, minus getting rear ended after owning it for 2 days!

Look forward to posting and learning from you all.

mneitzel

Hi Matthew here, new 2010 GTI 4 door CW today!!! Love it already. Goodbye 2008 Impreza. Subaru needs to learn a few things!:lol:

mneitzel

Here is my new ride. Love it. DSG is great! Radio a bit slow, but works well.

Attachments

• DSCN1213.jpg
    DSCN1213.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 296

jons

hi, i'm jon. signing up to learn, maybe ask questions, and lock in a username. :) pretty sure i want to make the mk6 my next car.

Imbroglio1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, I'm Kyle from Vancouver Canada, new to the forum and new to VW.

Test drove a 2010 GTI on the weekend and fell in love. Currently drive a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and was considering / had tested out a handfull of other potential purchases (WRX, used WRX STI, used A3 / A4, MS3, Used BMW 3-series etc). The GTI simply put a bigger smile on my face then the rest. I'm frankly a little surprised at myself that I'm leaving the Subaru family as I was a huge proponent of it's fantastic AWD system and the fact that my RS can still handle just as good / if not better than some of the new cars they're putting out these days - minus the GTI of course). What I'm losing in traction is insignificant to the fun-to-drive factor and the quality of the interior.

I was also surprised at the difference between the A3 and the GTI in terms of feel and driving dynamics...I had presumed these would be essentially the same car just with a different skin. I was wrong, the GTI seems so much more satisfying to drive.

That said, my mind is made up and I'll be swinging by the dealership this week to order my 2011 GTI 5-door in Black w/ the Tech and Luxury Pkgs. I will opt out of the 18" wheel option as I plan to use the 17s for my snow tires, then purchase a set of VMR v710s (or something similar) wrapped in summer rubber.

Cheers guys (and girls) :)

DvS21

Ready to race!
Just brought home my GTI Friday June 4th! I love her to death already!

Attachments

• 2010-06-05 14.36.14.jpg
    2010-06-05 14.36.14.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 341

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Hey, I'm Kyle from Vancouver Canada, new to the forum and new to VW.

Test drove a 2010 GTI on the weekend and fell in love. Currently drive a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS and was considering / had tested out a handfull of other potential purchases (WRX, used WRX STI, used A3 / A4, MS3, Used BMW 3-series etc). The GTI simply put a bigger smile on my face then the rest. I'm frankly a little surprised at myself that I'm leaving the Subaru family as I was a huge proponent of it's fantastic AWD system and the fact that my RS can still handle just as good / if not better than some of the new cars they're putting out these days - minus the GTI of course). What I'm losing in traction is insignificant to the fun-to-drive factor and the quality of the interior.

I was also surprised at the difference between the A3 and the GTI in terms of feel and driving dynamics...I had presumed these would be essentially the same car just with a different skin. I was wrong, the GTI seems so much more satisfying to drive.

That said, my mind is made up and I'll be swinging by the dealership this week to order my 2011 GTI 5-door in Black w/ the Tech and Luxury Pkgs. I will opt out of the 18" wheel option as I plan to use the 17s for my snow tires, then purchase a set of VMR v710s (or something similar) wrapped in summer rubber.

Cheers guys (and girls) :)

Hey Kyle, welcome! We'll be looking forward to meeting up with you - there will probably be a meet closer to the end of June, and you're more than welcome to show up even though you're not driving a GTI yet... ;)

Imbroglio1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Kyle, welcome! We'll be looking forward to meeting up with you - there will probably be a meet closer to the end of June, and you're more than welcome to show up even though you're not driving a GTI yet... ;)

Thanks! While I'm not one who typcially goes to meets, I appreciate the offer, and look forward to meeting you should that ever happen.

I'm already excited at the prospect of owning this car...but it's going to be a tough 3-4 months of waiting.

wigit1

hi guys wigit from England drive a mk3 Scirocco GT with a few additions and a mapped mk5 Golf GTI Pirelli

interested in tsi tuning :)

anotherfiz

Ready to race!
Hey everyone. Just picked up my MK6 GTI 6mt 3 weeks ago, already got 2000 miles on it! I am coming over from a Stage 1 WRX, but this is my third VW (WRX is an anomaly from the college years).

Had an MKIV GTI 5mt and MKIII Jetta auto in the past, happy to be dubbin it again.

Love the new car.

got mine from Lindsay VA here in northern VA, ive heard pretty decent things about them! cant wait to interact on the forums

peace!

Fenderbender

Hello :)

Looking at a GTI to replace a 10+ yr old small SUV. I absolutely love the MK6. The last step, other than negotiating a good price, is to make sure I can mount a 14 ft. tandem kayak atop it from time to time. (VW's factory rack/kayak mount says 8 ft. max, sadly)

With a little luck, I'll be joining the ranks of happy GTI owners.

Cheers

z4knerd

Hello guys,

I'm Zak and I just got a 2010 GTI about 4 weeks ago. Looking to do some work on it and found this forum, figured it would be a cool place to get some help as I am a newbie at car things :)
My dad got a 2007 GTI and every since he has had his, I have been dying to get one and I finally did! Although, when I am rich... hello Porsche... :)

But like I said, I am a newbie at car things, so I hope you will all be gentle with me and my presumably many dumb questions :p

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Well Zak I ask alot of dumb questions too so your not alone but welcome to the forum hope to see you around on here more.