GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

smv81147

Hello All,

New to this forum and really appreciate your input so far... I am a reader of all forums regarding my purchases (cars / photo equipment etc...), so your input so far has been a decisive factor for my new ride...

I am currently driving a BMW 335i (4d, Steptronic, paddle shifts, Msuspension) and switching location / country. Where I'm going, I figured out roads are more narrow, and congested, so bringing over or buying a new 335i is not an option. I test drove the 2010 GTI DSG and trust me it is the closest I could find in terms of ride / performance. Granted the interior is far less below my current ride, but where I am going, a luxury performance sedan is a no-no! So decided not to sacrifice on the driving experience at all... Besides I never had a GTI in my life.... and it looks soooooo cute and composed!

So, ordered and awaiting delivery of a Candy White GTI, 3 Door, 18" Detroit Wheels, DSG, DCC (Dynamic Suspension Control), Sunroof, Cloth interior, Parking sensors, Cruise Control... and can't wait the date!

BTW, I noticed there are no serious issues that are posted in this forum, which makes me trust this is a very / very / very reliable car!!!! (compared to BMW forums, where there is a war on a daily basis wrt to issues and fixes) ... so I'm looking forward to a happy and enjoyable, hassle free ride...

stylistic

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Been a lurker around here since I got my GTI in February... figured it was time to join!

Gotta say I love the site... so much information and (seemingly) knowledgeable people! My only complaint is that I'm spending much more money now that I know the latest on all the new stuff available. It's nice to be able to get in touch with fellow GTI'ers in the area as well.

For anyone who cares:

2010 CSG GTI, 2 Door, 18" Detroits, 6MT, Dynaudio (love it), Navigation, Stealth Sub from Uber-stealth audio (still to be installed), EVOMS intake (on order), Autotech motor mount insert (on order), APR Stg 1 (SOON!)

Much more planned... just a matter of funds!

zee

Go Kart Champion
Hello All,

Welcome. 335i to a GTI is quite a stepdown, but you have examined your options and you wont be disappointed. I wish I could have ordered the Rest of Worlk cloth seats on mine.

Anyway here I am...just got my GTI about 2 weeks ago and love. Looking forward to being a part of this community. See'ya around!

Welcome Canuk. You are lucky Windsor is nicely located for cross-border GTI upgrade mods to be conviniently picked up.

Hi all,

Been a lurker around here since I got my GTI in February... figured it was time to join!

Gotta say I love the site... so much information and (seemingly) knowledgeable people! My only complaint is that I'm spending much more money now that I know the latest on all the new stuff available. It's nice to be able to get in touch with fellow GTI'ers in the area as well.

For anyone who cares:

2010 CSG GTI, 2 Door, 18" Detroits, 6MT, Dynaudio (love it), Navigation, Stealth Sub from Uber-stealth audio (still to be installed), EVOMS intake (on order), Autotech motor mount insert (on order), APR Stg 1 (SOON!)

Much more planned... just a matter of funds!

Where in Ontario are you located? I would love to check out you Uber-stealth sub box. If you don't mind, can you pm me the price you paid to your door. Thanks.

FasDarken

Ready to race!
Welcome Canuk. You are lucky Windsor is nicely located for cross-border GTI upgrade mods to be conviniently picked up.

yeah and the dollar aint too shabby lately either :thumbup:

stylistic

Passed Driver's Ed
Where in Ontario are you located? I would love to check out you Uber-stealth sub box. If you don't mind, can you pm me the price you paid to your door. Thanks.

I'm in Niagara-on-the-Lake, but I'm up in Toronto fairly often, usually at night for shows or whatnot, but if I'm there during the day I'll let you know and we can meet up. PM sent btw.

fullback

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey!

I'm from Little Rock, AR and I got a golf because they are the nicest, sportiest cars for the pricetag every made. I've been upgrading mine with aftermarket parts because I went el cheapo at the dealership. Some new wheels would add a nice finishing touch to all the hard work I put into it.

daihard

Ready to race!
Hey!

I'm from Little Rock, AR and I got a golf because they are the nicest, sportiest cars for the pricetag every made. I've been upgrading mine with aftermarket parts because I went el cheapo at the dealership. Some new wheels would add a nice finishing touch to all the hard work I put into it.

Sounds good. Welcome to the club. :w00t:

donbeekie

new to the forum

=========================================================================================================

Last edited:

nimzie

Driving hard.
Hey, I'm new to the forum. From Halifax - Nova Scotia Canada. Got a 4 Dr Black GTI w/ Leather. It's my 7th either Golf or GTI in a row. The car suits my lifestyle and car needs.
Got the APR tuning done as well as retrofit / cut / moved the MAF on my old intake (yes, why butcher the sh!t out of this thing for a short pipe I ended up with?!)...
Putting my old lowering springs on it tomorrow AM, as well as doing some tinting soon.
Loving the new MKVI. It's so well refined and much more exciting than my MKV GTI.
APR > Revo for this platform for me. The torque numbers between my MKV w/Revo and MKVI w/ APR are pretty different...

melduforx

Hey all. This is a great site here. I'm new to the forum but not to the world of VW.

Got my first VW when I inherited my dad's '88 Jetta GL when I was 18. I loved everything about that car except the auto tranny. When I got a full-time job in college I decided I should get a more highway worthy car so I purchased my first new car- a 2002 VW Jetta 2.0 with manual tranny. It only had 10k on it when it was totaled by a deer. Car number three was a 2002 VW Jetta TDI that was great, but as a college student I bought the cheapest car I could. Two years later I traded it in for a 2004 Jetta TDI which was the introduction of the PD TDI engine (10 more HP baby!). That was the car I had hoped to drive until the wheels fell off.

Unfortunately the turbo fell off instead and dropped the impeller and vanes into the engine. Faced with 5-7K worth of repairs I decided it was time for a new car.

This time around I decided to go for fun instead of practical. The GTI is simply awesome! I'm 30 years old and I feel like a teenager again. There are some minor things I don't like about it (no option for power seats? really?) but all in all it's a powerful little car at a good price.

Hopefully I'll be a member of these forums for a long time.

Chryz707

Hey All,

I have my first 2011 GTI on order, I have been battling here with the dealer and was supposed to get a 2010, but VW has stopped production in mid april of the 2010 and now I am getting a 2011.

The 2010 I was supposed to get was going to have the Dyna Audio and Bi Xenon headlights, but with the 2011's rolling out in July (The one I am getting) will have the Halogen head lights and an point 8 speaker system (I am sure I can mod these items) but wanted to ask if anyone knows how expensive or difficult it is or may be to modify my car for Bi-Xenon headlights? I have owned loads of VW's before but this is my first brand new one... I got it comming in Black, w/18 Inch rims, interlagos (Plaid) Interior, 8 speaker w/ Satellite and Ipod hook up, Rear Airbags, DSG transmission,

Any advice is helpful and thanks again...

bozaman

Ready to race!
greetings from denver...

greetings fellow mkvi-ers!

i've been lurking for a short while but i thought i would jump in and say hello.

i live in the denver area and took surprise delivery of a 2010 vw gti mkvi in candy white a couple of weeks ago. i say surprise delivery because of this story...

i have been driving a 2007 bmw 335xi (sparkling graphite metallic, 4d, auto/steptronic, premium package, cold weather package, sport package, 18" w/run-flat summer tires, tint, clear bra) on a lease that's due to end in late august 2010. a great car to be sure but the bmw always seemed like something i was supposed to have instead of something i wanted to have. so, about 10 months ago i began a long research project about my next car.

the vw gti mkvi was on the short list (having met my specs for some pending lifestyle changes, and it's been a "dream car" since the mkii days...yes, i'm old) and i visited a local dealer about 8 months ago and shared with the owner my timeline and specs (cw, 4d, 6mt, xenons, 18" detroits a/s, autobahn, navi, dynaudio, 4x4 airbags - a fairly rare config due to the higher relative msrp) and we agreed to get back together in late spring/early summer to see what was available or to place an order. in april 2010 i saw the 2011 changes and was sorely disappointed to know that if an order would be placed it would be config'd differently from my original specs (e.g., no rns510, no 4x4 airbags, etc.).

then in very early june 2010 i happened to browse the dealer's inventory and see my exact-spec'd car! i drove over the following morning, and sure enough - the dealer had remembered our conversation and had ordered the car to my specs and was going to call me once it had been prepped, but i had beat them to the punch! they had "rolled the dice" and placed the order without any agreement or assurance that i would commit to purchasing the car!

we negotiated a price in less than an hour (this car is a purchase, not a lease), i took the car for a quick test drive, signed the paperwork, and took the car home the following morning (they needed some additional time to finish the prep work).

so in the end the gamble by the dealer paid off, and i got my exact-spec'd car without the agony of having to wait for an order to go through production and transportation. woohoo!

i've since added tint and clear bra to the car, and have a couple of minor cosmetic mods on order while i consider next steps.

although i've nearly always kept my cars stock except for a few cosmetic changes (and i anticipate this car will be same, at least in the near term) i am considering some wheels/tires that can be added later in the year and an upgrade to the bluetooth module.

i've had the car only a couple of weeks so far and am pleased as punch. i've been one of the "lucky" individuals to experience the leaking rear wiper nozzle which is due for a fix this week, and beyond that all is well.

the car drives as i expected (fun, nimble, and quick), and even though it's down on power compared to the bmw it's no slouch for the run-around-town and occasional highway run that i typically experience. great room inside, exceptionally practical and functional with 4 doors and the hatch, and best of all...all my friends look at me and say "you bought WHAT?" when I tell them! finally, a car that i actually want as opposed to what i am supposed to want!

i look forward to lurking around and occasionally jumping in with some insightful commentary or feedback, and best of all learning from everyone here on the board.

pics are pending....

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Hello from S.cali

Here she is...

Sup everyone,
I just bought my baby about 6 weeks ago... previous to that I drove a Audi B7 05.5... Before that was 350z
This is by far the best all around car I have purchase ( I tell most people I upgraded to a GTI) cant wait to do some minor mods and share some ideas from the community.

Peace out

Last edited:

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Sup everyone,
I just bought my baby about 6 weeks ago... previous to that I drove a Audi B7 05.5... Before that was 350z
This is by far the best all around car I have purchase ( I tell most people I upgraded to a GTI) cant wait to do some minor mods and share some ideas from the community.

Peace out

Welcome to the forum hope to see you around more and maybe get some ideas from you.