GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Smartphone Thread

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Bendable screens will be really cool. I really want to see one of those new curved screens irl just to see it.

Speaking of battery life, I had a motorola atrix HD. It had I think a 1800mAh battery? ridiculously small. It may have even been 1600 now that I think about it. Just crazy small for any phone.

Anyway, I ended up reading about a mod on the XDA forums where you could buy a Razr HD Maxx battery (double the mAh of the atrix one)...It was retarded.

The back was made of kevlar, so the bigger battery "fit" because the kevlar would bulge out a bit/flex. It still felt just fine when handling it so it wasn't annoying/ruined your experience holding it.

But I went from tweaking that small battery to last a day and a bit more to DAYS. It's very strange that the mAh only doubled but it seemed like my battery life went up by a factor of at least 3...

I do miss the days of my battery lasting what seemed for ever and ever...

Everyone always tries to cut down on thickness, I just wonder how crazy Blife would be for these phones we have if they gave the batteries just that extra .2mm of space...Made the world of difference for my atrix lol...

Ya as soon as the touch screen phones came out battery life went to shit. Look at BlackBerry. They are known for lasting for days on a single charge... hell I have an old curve that I was given as my work phone and I charge it once a week and it still has about 25% left. Now I only use it for the rare phone call and a ton of emails but it goes forever. As soon as BB introduced their first touch screen the life was like 5-6 hours if you used it a decent amount. I had that one and it sucked!

Soflogtimk6

Go Kart Champion

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

mileman402

I felt that Cydia apps were way over priced. biteSMS and Flux were the best two things about being jailbroken though. But I could use both of those features on android anyways so I went back.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Meh, I'd rather not have to install an app for something so simple.

Ok that's fine, I just making a point that a lot of people think that apps/features/options on their phone are unique or "different" when they aren't.

Also I wouldn't use that feature or download the app anyways if you want to get technical with it.

I felt that Cydia apps were way over priced. biteSMS and Flux were the best two things about being jailbroken though. But I could use both of those features on android anyways so I went back.

You paid for cydia apps?

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Ok that's fine, I just making a point that a lot of people think that apps/features/options on their phone are unique or "different" when they aren't.

Also I wouldn't use that feature or download the app anyways if you want to get technical with it.

Likewise. It's fun for the first time you check it out and that's about it.

Anybody here use Google wallet?

I have, but I don't use it regularly.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Anybody here use Google wallet?

I finally have it cause I'm on a GE Rom...I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm dieing to! I live in a small town where those card machines that actually have that NFC thingy on them are pretty rare. Soon as I find one though I'm going to spend the extra minute to figure out how to use it to do it...Screw everyone else in line!

Just bought this badboy:

WOW

Like woah. I had a G Note 1 back in the day and I thought, this is big, I couldn't handle anything bigger....but damn! Grats doe.

Likewise. It's fun for the first time you check it out and that's about it.

I have, but I don't use it regularly.

Does using it make you feel like you're from the future?

Just got a Moto X and I LOVE IT. It's an amazing phone.

NICE. I was curious about that phone, you'll have to like, provide us a user review after a few weeks and tell us whats what.

Goodluck rooting and stuff doe. Dem Moto's lock dat bootloader DOWN.

Yea coming from a Note 2 I've had some practice...not easy haha

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Oh so you've had practice!