GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Road Rage Story Thread

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone got anymore Rage stories?

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
Had an encounter on my way home tonight. I was in the right lane and the lady in front of me was making a right hand turn and there wasn't enough room for me to pass her. The guy behind me in a newer Hyundai Elantra just started laying on his horn and sped past me, merged into my lane and slammed on his brakes directly in front of me. I slowed down and he started going again and slammed on his brakes again so I merged left and floored it and he tried to run me off of the road, but I was past him and I merged back after I got some solid distance on him so he was behind me. He then pulls into the turn lane to the right of me at the next stop light and he was just yelling and screaming, I couldn't really make out what he was saying - then he floored it, ran the red light, crossed 4 lanes of traffic in the turn lane and just went straight, flooring it the whole way. What a freak - he was just super pissed for nothing. Dunno what his issue was. He looked like the Warcraft no-life guy from South Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Trytun

Go Kart Champion

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
So yesterday some asshole in a beat old Suzuki Tracker followed me up the long/ windy road (Beatles, anyone?) to a friend's house. Everytime I would turn onto a different road he got real, real close, tailing me at an absurd distance. There are cars in front of me going at a decent pace, so he flies up on my tail then backs off repeatedly. Finally we get to a 4 way traffic light. I'm going straight, but I see his turn signal to turn right. He proceeds to lay on the horn and start yelling, to the point that the car in front of me (also turning right) shot an extremely dangerous gap just to get out of his way (probably thought it was me honking like a jackass). The place that we're sitting faces downhill, so the intersection is totally blind until you're in the middle of it. I mean TOTALLY BLIND.

So this asshole proceeds to go around me in oncoming traffic on one side of a BLIND HILL, giving me dirty looks and waving his hands in the air. Somebody could easily have come and hit him head on. I'm amazed that it didn't happen. He then turned right after going around me over a blind hill into a blind intersection. The guy in the Prius who had been sitting behind the douchebag was like WTF??

People are crazy. What am I supposed to do? I'm not making a goddamn right turn!!!! Guess what bro, you have to wait sometimes!! And of course the whole time he's behind me he is mouthing all kinds of shit and throwing his hands up, etc. I didn't do a damn thing. Maybe he got sick of smelling my exhaust, lol.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Dude is doing like a 100mph in the slow lane/lane closest to freeway entrance on a 3-lane highway. Anyways, I come on to the freeway via the entrance ramp at 70mph (speed limit) and well ahead enough for the speedster to switch lanes or slow down. I could tell he was going really fast before I merged. Also, there wasn't much in terms of a merging lane, so the other driver had to know that I was going to maneuver into his lane soon. Of course I used my blinkers as always. Anyways, dude ends up getting behind me and the other cars in the other lanes are blocking him (unintentionally) from passing and continuing at 100mph. So he his on my bumper. Highway soon turns into 4lanes. He pulls up right beside me and starts swerving hard just into my lane like he's going to ram into me and just stopping before contact. He does this twice before taking the very next exit. The dude was driving a newer Dodge Ram.

I was a little irritated because what if he did hit me? I wouldn't think the guy would pull over to exchange info and to call the cops. It would have been a big pita if he we did collide all because I held this guy up a minute. I do get annoyed when I get held up by people in the fast lane doing 1mph faster than traffic in the slow lane yet blocking our faster traffic for great lengths but I don't tailgate in response. This guy was in the slow lane on a busy highway with many spots of merging traffic that aren't provided much merging lane and he is crazy mad at me. It's like driving quickly thru a dense parking lot - it's not safe. I see teenagers drive fast thru parking lots all the time because they're teens, but this dude was old!

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Dude is doing like a 100mph in the slow lane/lane closest to freeway entrance on a 3-lane highway. Anyways, I come on to the freeway via the entrance ramp at 70mph (speed limit) and well ahead enough for the speedster to switch lanes or slow down. I could tell he was going really fast before I merged. Also, there wasn't much in terms of a merging lane, so the other driver had to know that I was going to maneuver into his lane soon. Of course I used my blinkers as always. Anyways, dude ends up getting behind me and the other cars in the other lanes are blocking him (unintentionally) from passing and continuing at 100mph. So he his on my bumper. Highway soon turns into 4lanes. He pulls up right beside me and starts swerving hard just into my lane like he's going to ram into me and just stopping before contact. He does this twice before taking the very next exit. The dude was driving a newer Dodge Ram.

I was a little irritated because what if he did hit me? I wouldn't think the guy would pull over to exchange info and to call the cops. It would have been a big pita if he we did collide all because I held this guy up a minute. I do get annoyed when I get held up by people in the fast lane doing 1mph faster than traffic in the slow lane yet blocking our faster traffic for great lengths but I don't tailgate in response. This guy was in the slow lane on a busy highway with many spots of merging traffic that aren't provided much merging lane and he is crazy mad at me. It's like driving quickly thru a dense parking lot - it's not safe. I see teenagers drive fast thru parking lots all the time because they're teens, but this dude was old!

Did we run into the same guy? I had a dodge ram being a douche today as well. He was so close to my bumper I thought he was going to hit me, and this was in a city on a 4-lane road. Not a highway. I was doing 42 in a 35. I finally got enough room to get into the right lane, and he rolled his window and we had words. He told me to pull over, so naturally I did but only to discuss the situation of course, and when I got out he took off. What are fucking waste of space. If you are going to be an asshole at least try to be right when you are doing it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So yesterday some asshole in a beat old Suzuki Tracker followed me up the long/ windy road (Beatles, anyone?) to a friend's house. Everytime I would turn onto a different road he got real, real close, tailing me at an absurd distance. There are cars in front of me going at a decent pace, so he flies up on my tail then backs off repeatedly. Finally we get to a 4 way traffic light. I'm going straight, but I see his turn signal to turn right. He proceeds to lay on the horn and start yelling, to the point that the car in front of me (also turning right) shot an extremely dangerous gap just to get out of his way (probably thought it was me honking like a jackass). The place that we're sitting faces downhill, so the intersection is totally blind until you're in the middle of it. I mean TOTALLY BLIND.

So this asshole proceeds to go around me in oncoming traffic on one side of a BLIND HILL, giving me dirty looks and waving his hands in the air. Somebody could easily have come and hit him head on. I'm amazed that it didn't happen. He then turned right after going around me over a blind hill into a blind intersection. The guy in the Prius who had been sitting behind the douchebag was like WTF??

People are crazy. What am I supposed to do? I'm not making a goddamn right turn!!!! Guess what bro, you have to wait sometimes!! And of course the whole time he's behind me he is mouthing all kinds of shit and throwing his hands up, etc. I didn't do a damn thing. Maybe he got sick of smelling my exhaust, lol.

i would have waved when he started honking.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

penis truck owners are funny. (penis truck defined here)

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
People are unbelievable. Sometimes I wish I had a car with anti lag so I could just singe their bumper. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i love when people get impatient with me driving. If a dude is all up on my shit in the city i wont move over cause F you bro. Im already doing 50 or so in a 45 in the middle of a city with traffic. If you got problems probably wont step up when my 5'11" 235lb ass gets out the car(not that im looking for a fight) but people usually dont know when to calm down until they are shown a physical challenge and then they wanna back peddle, which is fine by me im not looking to fight anyone especially over some dumb shit about being "inconvenienced" a few minutes while driving.

Granted ive never had anyone try and physically challenge me from road rage in a long time. The last time was a little bump from behind when some dude tapped the back end of my truck during the rain at a stop sign.

He thought i was gonna go because i started to creep(it was a semi blind corner) and when i hit my brakes again as i saw someone coming he tapped into the back of me. He got out and was mad at me for not cutting the gap.. so then when myself and friend who we were just leaving rugby practice got out to look at the "damage" (my friend was a rather large man from Eastern Europe) we looked at his car then the truck gave him a thumbs up and he went back in his car and we went back in ours and everyone left happily.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i love when people get impatient with me driving. If a dude is all up on my shit in the city i wont move over cause F you bro. Im already doing 50 or so in a 45 in the middle of a city with traffic. If you got problems probably wont step up when my 5'11" 235lb ass gets out the car(not that im looking for a fight) but people usually dont know when to calm down until they are shown a physical challenge and then they wanna back peddle, which is fine by me im not looking to fight anyone especially over some dumb shit about being "inconvenienced" a few minutes while driving.

Granted ive never had anyone try and physically challenge me from road rage in a long time. The last time was a little bump from behind when some dude tapped the back end of my truck during the rain at a stop sign.

He thought i was gonna go because i started to creep(it was a semi blind corner) and when i hit my brakes again as i saw someone coming he tapped into the back of me. He got out and was mad at me for not cutting the gap.. so then when myself and friend who we were just leaving rugby practice got out to look at the "damage" (my friend was a rather large man from Eastern Europe) we looked at his car then the truck gave him a thumbs up and he went back in his car and we went back in ours and everyone left happily.

i enjoy baiting people like this to get them to possibly get pulled over, assuming they're an exceptional case. i've got a 20% pull-over rate for those types in doing this.