GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Road Rage Story Thread

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@TSI_mr.niceguy I treat left turn arrows just like left turn yields when no one is coming / walking across the the crosswalk. I see no issue. the state puts these left arrows in place because a lot of people are too dumb to safely complete a left turn with oncoming traffic. They have to account for a wide range of ability / intelligence, and there should be test allowing hyper vigilant people these privileges in my opinion.
I do enjoy the occasional beeps I get from folks like mr.niceguy, I imagine them sitting at the light with a befuddled look on their face as their brain is telling them what I did was completely safe, yet they're still afraid to break the weak, nanny state law.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hopefully. I detest redlight runners with an unbridled passion. To me it is blatant disregard for the safety of others.

I'm ready for the "get off your high horse" responses, go ahead. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is no graceful way to get off a high horse

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
You assume too much, my friend. When I say running red lights, I mean when you are moving, the light turns yellow them red, and you blow through it. What you're talking about is totally different. But go ahead and jump to conclusions.

I've done the same thing as what you refer to. If the light is red for a ridiculous amount of time, and its clear nobody is coming, ya I'll go.

Running them (not in the way you said, but what I said) is just a pet peeve of mine. We all have them. Am I a perfect driver? No. Are any of us perfect drivers? No. But we all have certain things that we are and are not OK with, and blowing red lights in the fashion I mentioned bothers me because of the risk of traffic coming off another road entering the intersection at the same time. Just seems like easily avoidable risk, in my opinion.

I suppose I should have been more clear about what I meant by blowing a red light.

But anyway, lets try and get back on topic here. Nitpicking eachother is pointless. Any other road rage stories? My driving life has been surprisingly civilized recently.

Last edited:

mic_detonator

Ready to race!
had a woman vkast thru the redlight this weekend almost tboning me as she came off the highway. My light was green as i approached the intersection and here she went in conplete body roll mode into the farthest lane....mine.

Gotta love holiday weekends.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LargeMargeSentMe

Ready to race!
@TSI_mr.niceguy are you ok man? you said you detested red light runners after reading @uglybastard's post about the guy who was frustrated from waiting a few cycles and ran the light. I said that I didn't see anything wrong with it so long as it was safe, you then agreed with that same style of light running that you were poo pooing;

"I've done the same thing as what you refer to. If the light is red for a ridiculous amount of time, and its clear nobody is coming, ya I'll go."

basically nullifying your original statement.

anyway, no worries, back on topic. saw a middle aged gentleman hit the del taco I frequent over the holiday weekend. drove right through the front door / wall and was pretty upset about it.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
@TSI_mr.niceguy are you ok man? you said you detested red light runners after reading @uglybastard's post about the guy who was frustrated from waiting a few cycles and ran the light. I said that I didn't see anything wrong with it so long as it was safe, you then agreed with that same style of light running that you were poo pooing;

"I've done the same thing as what you refer to. If the light is red for a ridiculous amount of time, and its clear nobody is coming, ya I'll go."

basically nullifying your original statement.

anyway, no worries, back on topic. saw a middle aged gentleman hit the del taco I frequent over the holiday weekend. drove right through the front door / wall and was pretty upset about it.

I said that this is not what I referred to, talking about what I disliked. What I meant I hated is when people go through the intersection, already moving, when the light turns red and opposing traffic (as in a different, intersecting road) has green but has to wait for you to run the red light to proceed safely.

Going when it won't turn green and you can clearly see that nobody is coming anywhere is totally fine in my book.

I was unclear in my wording for sure.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I said that this is not what I referred to, talking about what I disliked. What I meant I hated is when people go through the intersection, already moving, when the light turns red and opposing traffic (as in a different, intersecting road) has green but has to wait for you to run the red light to proceed safely.

Going when it won't turn green and you can clearly see that nobody is coming anywhere is totally fine in my book.

I was unclear in my wording for sure.

I know what you mean. There's a couple lights in town here where people do it all the time, mostly when traffic is really bad which just makes it worse for others. The left turn lane on the other side of the median starts turning red, but people keep on going. Then the traffic going straight gets a green light, but people are still taking their left turn and chances are that they're now stuck in the middle of the road because of how backed up traffic is. It screws up the traffic going straight so much more than it should since now they have to spend half their light cycle waiting for people to get out of the way. The light to go straight is already a little short as it is too.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
the light at the bottom of my hill doesnt turn green for me sometimes. i usually pull left and then make a legal u-turn to avoid getting pulled over since i live on one of a few main roads in my town.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I know what you mean. There's a couple lights in town here where people do it all the time, mostly when traffic is really bad which just makes it worse for others. The left turn lane on the other side of the median starts turning red, but people keep on going. Then the traffic going straight gets a green light, but people are still taking their left turn and chances are that they're now stuck in the middle of the road because of how backed up traffic is. It screws up the traffic going straight so much more than it should since now they have to spend half their light cycle waiting for people to get out of the way. The light to go straight is already a little short as it is too.

There's a reason they call it gridlock :thumbsup::laugh:

Thy do it all the time in my commute as well, seriously sucks.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Some old dude in his corvette told me to go kill myself this morning :confused:

He was in front of me driving super slow, so I changed lanes to get past him. Just when I was about to start moving into his lane he started speeding up, so I cut him the fuck off really good.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

He was in front of me driving super slow, so I changed lanes to get past him. Just when I was about to start moving into his lane he started speeding up, so I cut him the fuck off really good.

lol :cool:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

I had 2 of those instances.

Today and couple years ago, Ironically, both are Hyundai's, what the fuck is up with them :confused:

Today, I was behind some dude in a 2003ish Accent with blacked hubcaps, window visors with chrome stripping on the tip, assuming hispanic.

This dude was driving like 30 in a 45, so I did what any regular joe would do, pass that fucker. But he fucking accelerated to the point that if I didn't notice, I would have hit him. So I let the fucker pass, then he did this moving roadblock, where I kept tailgating him for good 3 minutes till he fucking moves over. Once I really got around him, again accelerated, I put a nice big brake check on him (I know stupid, but I got real furious), he couldn't come close to me since, probably realized he needs a real car.

Philimon

Ready to race!
I had 2 of those instances.

Today and couple years ago, Ironically, both are Hyundai's, what the fuck is up with them :confused:

Today, I was behind some dude in a 2003ish Accent with blacked hubcaps, window visors with chrome stripping on the tip, assuming hispanic.

This dude was driving like 30 in a 45, so I did what any regular joe would do, pass that fucker. But he fucking accelerated to the point that if I didn't notice, I would have hit him. So I let the fucker pass, then he did this moving roadblock, where I kept tailgating him for good 3 minutes till he fucking moves over. Once I really got around him, again accelerated, I put a nice big brake check on him (I know stupid, but I got real furious), he couldn't come close to me since, probably realized he needs a real car.

No