GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Workout Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OK, legs were a little sore to start, so I made it 1mile straight, then HIIT's to 2miles, then 7 mins of biking. Got up a great sweat. Tomorrow will be some rowing, arms and core, light biking or ellyptical - no running.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Do not feel right today. I'll be heading to the gym in a few but not expecting a whole lot.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Do not feel right today. I'll be heading to the gym in a few but not expecting a whole lot.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion

I was asking for that haha. Hoping to get a good nights sleep, good breakfast and hit it really hard tomorrow. Just one of those days, drives motivation more than anything else.

Bad part is that school is starting up again so the fitness center is going to be absolutely swamped with people having no idea what to do nor any interest in it (I use the uni fitness center, comes free to me). Happens every year with a new freshman crowd.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I was asking for that haha. Hoping to get a good nights sleep, good breakfast and hit it really hard tomorrow. Just one of those days, drives motivation more than anything else.

Bad part is that school is starting up again so the fitness center is going to be absolutely swamped with people having no idea what to do nor any interest in it (I use the uni fitness center, comes free to me). Happens every year with a new freshman crowd.

I cannot begin to put a price tag on a gym that is not open to the general public. I absolutely love it.....

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I cannot begin to put a price tag on a gym that is not open to the general public. I absolutely love it.....

I can only imagine how nice that is.

I go to a small gym and if I go off-peak, have it all to myself which is pretty sweet.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I can only imagine how nice that is.

I go to a small gym and if I go off-peak, have it all to myself which is pretty sweet.

its awesome. Open 24hrs a day, no women unless a member brings them in, no "im here to lose 95lbs of fat by walking on the treadmill for half an hour and doing 10 25lb curls", no whining/whiners, whatever music you want at whatever volume you want it at, you can be as loud and aggressive as you want, wear whatever you want......and should you find anyone else in it at the same time as you, you better have your A-game on... because if you don't you will be called out - Immediately.......extremely selective of who is/isn't allowed to attend. We clean it up ourselves, it has no staff, no phones, and no name. It is 100% word of mouth by invitation/member validation only.

Ill never be able to go back to a normal gym again.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Wow, pretty cool! You're lucky to have such a space.

I agree, no way I could go to 24 hour or LA fitness type gyms. Too big and too many amateurs.

I go to Anytime Fitness and my location is franchised by 3 brothers. They're super cool and are only there part time. Members have a key fob which lets them in whenever they want - in any Anytime Fitness gym in the world. When fellow members are there, they mind their business and do what they came for.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
I had mixed luck with anytime. The anytime I signed up at was great, had a lot of stuff i liked in it, and gave me a good price. The idea being to sign up there, and work out there when possible, but use the ones being opened closer to me more often. Well, they all ended up being absolutely pathetic, so i was driving an hour to use the one instead of the one attached to work, and now the private one.

ended up cancelling. the 24hr part was nice though....that is worth something in a gym membership.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The good ole YMCA does it for me... $25/month. I go to an "Express Y" which is smaller, less crowded and 18+, which is nice, no high school lacrosse players. I'll be heading there after work for chest and back today, very excited, I haven't been to the gym since friday....

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I go to a very nice overpriced park district gym and I love it. They have all the normal gym amenities plus basketball courts, tennis courts, lap pool, indoor track, rock climbing wall, there is a 1.5 mile "nature trail" that starts and ends at the parking going through a a Prarie around a little lake. The reason I like it is because with the cost it's not high traffic at all. Alot of the members are there for basketball only. Most the people are on coperate memberships, they come right after work, when I go at 7:30-8:00 it's empty. There's no jacked up meat heads standing in front of weight racks to get as close to the mirror to watch them self flex as possible, nobody is yelling and grunting and slamming their waits down trying to show everyone how much weight they are pushing. It's just an empty relaxed environment, alot of older members my parents age, no stress, no waits for equipment. It's not cheap but it's so worth it.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Hit a PR today on raw deadlifts 405x6 with no straps or belt just chalk. Feelsgoodman.jpg

If anyone needs any advice I know I tool bag around a little bit in the mk6 section but I'm really knowledgable in the fitness arena; played rugby for 4 years in college, am versed in diet/supplementation as well as workout regimens. As it stands now I am 5'9 175 so power to weight ratio is a strong point for me. Likewise if anyone has knowledge to impart to me I'm more than happy to learn a thing or two every day.

Cheers

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Getting ready for work this am, I'm down another belt loop :)

In the past 4 months I'm down 5" of waist fat. At 6'3 and 200lbs, not really a big guy but had misplaced weight. I've not lost any pounds but seem to have done well at shifting the weight around.

feelsgoodman!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nice^

I'm thinking rowing for 5-6mins, ab/core, then possibly run a brisk mile.

OT - i had a guy ask me how much longer I was gonna be at one of the universal/multi-machines and I was like, I got one more set. So I finish and leave, he gets up on the pullup bar, literally does like 4, and then leaves and does a bunch of other stuff. Its like, dude - you had to interupt me for that? he's very strange, only does like one set of anything, so no real reps...