GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

There is hope. BRZ STI

Brendon

Ready to race!
It's a phenomenal car right out the box. Of course more power wouldn't hurt but it isn't necessary.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It's a phenomenal car right out the box. Of course more power wouldn't hurt but it isn't necessary.

This - total internet myth that it NEEDS more power.

I would agree. It's just a bit of a bummer that it's slower than a stock GTI acceration wise, but it's certainly still a lot of fun and feels great to drive.

Merkle

Banned

I agree, when I drove one on some tight twisty roads I never felt like I needed more power. The chassis was amazing and the car just handles awesome.

I'd like one with more power, mainly more torque but, stock out of the box it isn't bad. It won't amaze you on the straights but it will keep you smiling in the corners. I won't lie, if I bought one I'd supercharge it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The car is slow as hell stock. It needs more power and real tires.

Seriously, I find it ironic that ppl with modified GTIs that have nearly double the power of a BRZ say that the BRZ does't need more yet the GTI is too slow and getting modified ?!

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Seriously, I find it ironic that ppl with modified GTIs that have nearly double the power of a BRZ say that the BRZ does't need more yet the GTI is too slow and getting modified ?!

Well, stock GTIs don't NEED more power, there's plenty for street driving, but more is almost always fun...
:23:

Brendon

Ready to race!
In most cases, I have seen the FR-S/BRZ auto-x with just better tires and the times were crazy. Everyone always says more of this or more of that but the truth is the majority of consumers will purchase a car and they will never be able to outperform or reach the performance level of what the stock vehicle is capable of.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
In most cases, I have seen the FR-S/BRZ auto-x with just better tires and the times were crazy. Everyone always says more of this or more of that but the truth is the majority of consumers will purchase a car and they will never be able to outperform or reach the performance level of what the stock vehicle is capable of.

yep, one of the car mags just did a test with new wheels and tires and knocked something like 7 seconds off their auto-x time with the car.

Bender1

Banned

For me, its a different purpose.

I am not getting a BRZ to be a fun grocery getter, I am getting it for a dedicated purpose where handling >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> power.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
yep, one of the car mags just did a test with new wheels and tires and knocked something like 7 seconds off their auto-x time with the car.

That's an insane amount of time shaved off in autox. It could definitely be great in that arena where power doesn't really matter much.