GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dasVW.com

16683/P0299/000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

I was driving home from dinner the other night. Engine light came on and my boost levels weren't peaking over 10 PSI. Pulled the code this morning and sure enough a P0299 shows up. From what I can recall it is either a boost leak or the diverter valve. I am running Stage 2 APR w/downpipe, intake...
  2. dasVW.com

n00b Detailing Questions

Can anyone give me a good 1-2-3 or however many steps on what products to use and in what steps? I'll most likely order the products and have a local detailer do the work. I just need to get a basic understanding of the process. TIA! :thumbup:
  3. dasVW.com

eBay Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

I hate the stock off-black plastic side skirts. These seem to fit the bill for a decent price. eBay ($280.90 shipped) http://www.ebay.com/itm/171090424561 BuyChina ($226.32 shipped)...
  4. dasVW.com

My Review - Helix Dual Function MK6 Golf/GTI LED Bulbs

Full Disclosure: I bought these bulbs myself, I paid full price. I am not endorsing any business or anyone. bIr5kkKmDTo Intro: I have a 2011 VW GTI. It has the sunroof/navigation package (right below the autobahn version at the time). I do not have the "LED" running lights that you see in the...
  5. dasVW.com

Godspeed/eBay Catback Exhaust

Intro: 01/21/2013 I found a catback system available on eBay. 2.5" piping, T304 stainless steel, dual 3.5" exhaust tips, single muffler (suitcase muffer delete), CNC machined flanges and only 1 slip on clamp. I decided to buy it and give it a chance. The seller I bought the catback from shipped...
  6. dasVW.com

Engine Bay Fuse Box - Ignition Power Source

Does any one know which fuse from the engine bay's fuse box ties to the ignition? I am looking for fuse slot that will power a light while the car is on and then turn off with the car. Here's my engine bay fuse box:
  7. dasVW.com

B Pillar - Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

Does anyone know where I can get carbon fiber vinyl to cover the B Pillar? I am sick of looking at tiny scratches and scuffs, rather throw some carbon fiber vinyl at it and call it a day! (3M brand preferred....) ^^^ the above was my question, then I did a quick search on flebay and found this...
  8. dasVW.com

Anyway to get the city lights to turn on with the car?

I'd like to have the city lights come up as soon as the car starts. I have my HID DRL's disabled but would love for the city lights to come on. If anyone know's how to do this with vag-com, please let me know? Thanks!
  9. dasVW.com

Helix Dual LED DRL/Turn Signal

Does anyone have any reason as to why I shouldn't get these? I really hate my HID's running as DRL's so I have them disabled (via vagcom) but I still would like an LED DRL and these appear to fit the bill. Does anyone currently have them? thoughts? opinions...
  10. dasVW.com

Driver Gear Springs + 235/35/19 + 19" x 8.5" (ET47) = rub?

What the title says: Driver Gear Springs (0.75" drop) 235/35/19 tires 19" x 8.5" wheels w/ET47 offset Does anyone think this setup will rub?
  11. dasVW.com

Unofficial Golf MK6 GTI Cat-back Exhaust Comparison

Please feel free to send me a PM if you see anything that needs to be updated. The manufacturer's website is available on the Google Docs version below. Live Google Docs Version --> click here Sorted by Price
  12. dasVW.com

Replace HID Headlight Bulb

I am replacing my HID headlight bulbs, do I have to pull the headlights out to do this? I couldn't find a definitive answer via search so any insight is much appreciated.
  13. dasVW.com

Yes or No ???

14. dasVW.com

who's got the low down?

apparently I missed some forum drama... what happened to plac? :iono:
  15. dasVW.com

Picture caption required... ouch!

This guy must have been hauling ass and then out of no where... crunch.
  16. dasVW.com

New Suspension Kit - Increased Road Noise ???

I installed the H&R Touring Cup Kit on Friday. The install was pretty standard. Took it to my local auto repair shop to have an alignment. Everything has checked out. I only have one issue. I now have some serious road noise while driving. Is this normal? I've gone through and double checked...
  17. dasVW.com

H&R Touring Cup Kit - Yes? No? Maybe so?

I am about ready to pull the trigger on the H&R Touring Cup Kit. I dislike coilovers because I just don't want to deal with finding the "perfect height". I was considering the Eibach suspension kit but I've read some good reviews about this H&R kit. Is there any reason as to why I shouldn't go...
  18. dasVW.com

GTI + Stock Suspension + 4 Guys + 235/35/19 = Rubbing

I did the fender screw mod when I put the 235/35/19 wheels/tires on. After driving up and down the canyon here in Utah, hit the inner fender wheel well a couple times. My friends were shocked to hear that I still wanted to put aftermarket sport suspension on. I am second guessing that upgrade...
  19. dasVW.com

WTB: OEM Front Grille GTI Badge

Someone stole mine. I'd like to find an OEM replacement...
  20. dasVW.com

Hankook Ventus V12 vs Sumitomo HTR Z III

From my last post, the Hankook's won by popular demand but this time it looks like the Sumitomo might have some higher ratings. Thoughts anyone?