GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Thumper

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

Llllllooooonnnggggg time no update. What can I say, life happens and been kinda just treading water without much time/cash to do much and thank God nothing major has broken LOL So big update is 2 weeks ago at the NASA event at OIR (The Ozarkring) I passed my tests and gained my provisional TT...
  2. Thumper

Flat Rock Motorsports

Looks like it's a membership location, country club style. I'd road trip there if they held some open events, it's only 9 hours, it certainly looks amazing.
  3. Thumper

Just the LED's

You mean the multiple little jewel lights along the side and bottom? Those are the DRLs, they should come on automatically when the car is started. If they are off then it's likely someone has coded them to be off and you will have to go in with VCDS and turn them back on. Or check the...
  4. Thumper

Sos Mk5 dies while driving and wont start

Or just don't crush wires doing a motor mount upgrade install ;):D Glad you got it solved!!!
  5. Thumper

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Better plan to replace the CEL Light soon, otherwise you won't know if it's off or just wore out. ;) It's possible the dead critter impact damaged the wiring harness upstream from the O2 connector? If it yanked on it hard enough might have damaged it. Me? Well, started getting the gas...
  6. Thumper

Took it off the trailer after an awesome track weekend. My student assigned to me was in an 18 M4 and did quite well, had a lot of fun watching his face light up as I showed him what he was doing wrong and got some laps to hook up. Still need to get under the car and pick the grass out of my...
  7. Thumper

Gutting DPF (HP Gains?)

The tune will remove the CEL as part of the remap and DPF delete. Reach out to these guys and they will answer all your questions and get you on the right path. https://malonetuning.com/help-center
  8. Thumper

Gutting DPF (HP Gains?)

You will have to tune it to delete the DPF, whether you "gut" it or remove it is the same. And yes you will get gains in power from the tune. If you just yank the guts out of the DPF you will get CELs just like removing a cat and probably some decent issues from the car still running regen...
  9. Thumper

Engine Vibration

Thanks for reporting back, always sucks to have a thread just end without a solution and many never update the fix they found.
  10. Thumper

Yeah, I change my plugs every year which is way fewer than 10k miles now but track duty is hard. I'm already in there doing my cam follower every season so why not swap plugs while the hood is up. LOL Buy them from FCP, free replacement and easy 20 minute job (I have to pull my intake rear...
  11. Thumper

Brake bleeding issues

Put a junction in it? Like a donor piece of line or an actual line connector junction block? Both are bad ideas, one is worse than the other. As to the order that is just the VW listed order to bleed, I have never used VCDS to bleed, just used a pressure bleeder but I have never drained all...
  12. Thumper

Sequential tail lights?

Well the link posted here to the Supernova page shows $349.75, maybe there's a ninja hack in my Chrome to lower prices, no idea. As to identical, haven't held both in person but the Supernova's claim edge to edge design and in the product videos it does appear the Vland's stop on the outer...
  13. Thumper

Clutch Bleeding Catastrophe

Knotical ninja'd me. LOL Something is not right in the clutch so no choice but to take it apart and go over and inspect everything.
  14. Thumper

Sequential tail lights?

$350 is "a ton of money" for a set of LED tail lights? :unsure:
  15. Thumper

Brake bleeding issues

Did you follow the VW bleeding order? It's not conventional, you start at the left front, then right front, then left rear, and then right rear. It is literally backwards from the conventional bleeding order. EDIT: Just registered you said you REPAIRED the damaged line? You replaced the...
  16. Thumper

Clutch Bleeding Catastrophe

Man wish we could post attachements, copied this from a PDF and clipped the image to my imageshack lol 2012 Volkswagen GTI (5K1) L4-2.0L Turbo (CBFA) Vehicle > Transmission and Drivetrain > Clutch > Clutch Hydraulic System > Service and Repair > Procedures > 02Q,02QE,02QH Manual Transmission...
  17. Thumper

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

That's pretty lucky. Personally my rule is how much of a PITA would it be to do a job twice. And how bad is the disruption if the part fails. Starter isn't bad of a job but if it fails I am stranded somewhere, and no idea where that may be, maybe in a field after midnight being chased by an...
  18. Thumper

Subsidiary of VAG

And don't excuse or ignore issues with change just to pretend change is always better. I have NEVER gone to a gas station and had the pump explode and not be able to leave because the nozzle will not come out. That means if this happens even only 1% of the time to EV chargers it is a 100%...
  19. Thumper

Keep 225/40/18 or upgrade to 235?

How about Option C.....buy bigger wheels. LOL Here's some interesting reading. When I read part 1 when they first did it I really struggled, it goes against all conventional wisdom, bigger tires are ALWAYS better. Heck I've got 235s on my R and actually bought 888Rs in 245s for it which...
  20. Thumper

Just to as always be the oddity in the crowd, unless the EA113 is that different........I ran .024 for about 10k miles, no real drivability issues but the plugs looked like garbage when they came out, previous plugs were put in by the PO and were gapped at .028 and looked normal. Running NGK...