GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

andy_uranium's build thread

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Been crazy at work lately. Finally was able to get the wheels on tonight. I think they look good, but I really need to get the springs on now. I will shoot a pic in the morning, started to rain as I finished mounting them.
I took the car out or a quick spin to test them out. I was worried that the 18s would feel significantly stiffer, but with the new rubber felt as smooth as the 17s. Very happy so far.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
had a chance to give the car a wash yesterday, took a few quick pics.

ignore the rusty brakes.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
They look great in person, the profile shot makes them look pretty unsubstantial, but once you look at them from any angle they fill out significantly as the spokes are deep and have some shape to them.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Lookin good!

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Painted the rotor hats gloss black. Looks much better! Also ordered the S2T Dsg paddles as part of the group buy. Anyone still running OEM tires... Forget them, these hankooks are awesome in comparison, ride much better grip much better. Every car I own from now on I'm doing a dedicated summer wheels / tire set and corresponding winter setup.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Soon as I get some free time to go pay a visit to snobrdrdan... I have my springs on hand. Tried to set something up over the summer, just been way to busy. Haven't taken any vacation this year... Not good. Also been eying those hpa/kw coil overs in the classifieds... Wife would murder me though.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion