GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Attn NORCAL: Group Meet and $50 Dyno Service on a Mustang Dyno in Sacramento

Please indicate your preferred Saturday date for this event

• Total voters

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Okay I finally got in touch with John. He said apart from this Saturday, he's open any of the Saturdays I suggested as well as any in December (excluding Holidays obviously).

Challenge is that i'm in the bay area every other weekend myself, but for the next two Saturdays I have business trips to tend to, so the earliest I'd be able to do it is November 17th. After that, November 24th is obviously ruled out because of Thanksgiving, so it would mean end of November or early December.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of just pegging November 17th as the date.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
If everyone else can do the 17th I can probably make it work. Otherwise, I have to work Dec 8th but almost any other day after T-day would work.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
nov 17th sounds good to me.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Ok, can NOT move my plans on the 17th, too many busy schedules and that's the day everyone is clear....LOL

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Ok, can NOT move my plans on the 17th, too many busy schedules and that's the day everyone is clear....LOL

You wouldn't be able to come just to dyno? I can make sure you'll be first in line :thumbsup:

nike11125

Passed Driver's Ed
17th is fine with me

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
Okay update:

I have two from Vortex and JT64's buddy is pending which would make it exactly 10.

Thumper, i'm counting you in the 10 unless you're absolutely certain you cannot make it. Let me know.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Okay update:

I have two from Vortex and JT64's buddy is pending which would make it exactly 10.

Thumper, i'm counting you in the 10 unless you're absolutely certain you cannot make it. Let me know.

If it is on the 17th I will have to leave around 2PM for my other plans AND the shop will have to accept American Express so I can push the expense to the next month. Kinda got some surprise expenses this month so cash is tight.

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
If it is on the 17th I will have to leave around 2PM for my other plans AND the shop will have to accept American Express so I can push the expense to the next month. Kinda got some surprise expenses this month so cash is tight.

I'll get back to you tomorrow about whether or not he'll accept AMEX. I can make sure you'll be one of the first (if not the first) in line for the dyno, so no worries about leaving by 2pm. :thumbsup:

Curious, how long do dynos take anyway? :iono:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Thumper has a big expense hmm I smell K04.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thumper has a big expense hmm I smell K04.

:lol:

Dear god I wish. Lol

No, the shower in our master bath broke on Friday, home warranty company is worthless ( gonna go back to or old company) so We had to pay for the repair out of pocket. Plus all the stage 2 power has eaten my tires, so I am looking at a new set after this weekend's track day. This only have 15k on them and only about 5k of that was on the GTI..... and the fronts are down to 4/32...... lol........ and the AC compressor on the 944 is wasted and it won't fully disengage, so I have to replace it before it can be driven at all; $550 part.

If the wife wouldn't kill me, I would post a thread to sell trade the 944 for a K04. :D

No, I love the 944, just wish we could drive it more than 400 miles without it needing $500+ in repairs.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
:lol:

Dear god I wish. Lol

No, the shower in our master bath broke on Friday, home warranty company is worthless ( gonna go back to or old company) so We had to pay for the repair out of pocket. Plus all the stage 2 power has eaten my tires, so I am looking at a new set after this weekend's track day. This only have 15k on them and only about 5k of that was on the GTI..... and the fronts are down to 4/32...... lol........ and the AC compressor on the 944 is wasted and it won't fully disengage, so I have to replace it before it can be driven at all; $550 part.

If the wife wouldn't kill me, I would post a thread to sell trade the 944 for a K04. :D

No, I love the 944, just wish we could drive it more than 400 miles without it needing $500+ in repairs.

Ouch the shower is important lol. Now I see why track days costs so much. For new tires have you checked on the mk6 marketplace? When I need some new tires I'm thinking about picking up a set with wheels on here. Though you already have some very nice wheels. I have heard good things about the hankook v12 tires. I would keep the 944 its nice to have something else to drive other than the gti all the time. I alternate the cars I drive so I don't get bored or rack up too much mileage on one car.

It's a Porsche they are meant to cost a lot of money. It's all part of the experience ;)

Retro1

Ready to race!
I'll get back to you tomorrow about whether or not he'll accept AMEX. I can make sure you'll be one of the first (if not the first) in line for the dyno, so no worries about leaving by 2pm. :thumbsup:

Curious, how long do dynos take anyway? :iono:

At most 45 minutes if you do a 5-10 cooldown between runs.

1) Load car on dyno
2) Strap car on dyno
3) Calibrate
4) Do a WOT run in 4th gear
5) Cooldown
6) Repeat
7) Remove car from dyno

PeeLo801

Ready to race!
If it is on the 17th I will have to leave around 2PM for my other plans AND the shop will have to accept American Express so I can push the expense to the next month.

Thumper, sorry man but he is accepting cash only.