GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE CCB Intake Install and Review

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I hear what Bender is saying, but i like the design of the AWE intake. I understand why the APR intake equivalent is more expensive as it's carbon fiber all the way, but id love to have the awe box and the apr stg 2 tubing if i could.

Q8GTI

Ready to race!
Bender are u getting a whistling sound at low rpm? I just mine and getting a weird whistling sound instead of that turbo enhanced sound that I was hoping for

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Bender are u getting a whistling sound at low rpm? I just mine and getting a weird whistling sound instead of that turbo enhanced sound that I was hoping for

Might be a leak.

Bender1

Banned

Sounds like you might not have it totally sealed at the turbo, but thats just a guess.

On start-up you will hear the secondary breather if you have a CBFA Engine but that will stop after a minute or so.

Q8GTI

Ready to race!
The whistling sound is gone but I'm getting a jerk at low rpm and notice it quite abit in traffic, I find myself really pressing on it to avoid this but it looks like I'm racing around everywhere I go now...Did you face this problem? I was told by a friend that the ECU needs to adjust and this problem will go away after a day or two, so I'm hoping that's the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q8GTI

Ready to race!
Keep in mind I'm APR stage 1, so I'm not sure If the APR tune with the AWE intake is the problem because of the MAF reolacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q8GTI

Ready to race!
Im DSG, AWE says that i should check if the o-ring is in place on the MAF, I'll have that checked out tomorrow