thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:

Hey, at least you can admit it! :thumbsup:

:D

This is the one for me:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
You have good taste there. That's been a dream car for me for as long as I can remember.

Not many out there these days:(

I can understand your gripes with fwd given that you developed your own driving style on other platforms. My R is my first AWD car and I've never owned a rwd car. Hell, even the R is fwd biased and it is beyond me that people complain about that compared to my life as a fwd driver.

I guess the real difference is that deep down I'm a koolaid drinking Dubber. You guys are true car guys that just happened to have ended up with a dub for one reason or another. I'm glad you did:D

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Not many out there these days:(

I can understand your gripes with fwd given that you developed your own driving style on other platforms. My R is my first AWD car and I've never owned a rwd car. Hell, even the R is fwd biased and it is beyond me that people complain about that compared to my life as a fwd driver.

I guess the real difference is that deep down I'm a koolaid drinking Dubber. You guys are true car guys that just happened to have ended up with a dub for one reason or another. I'm glad you did:D

Lol I love koolaid, but come on dude: g8 gt is epic because

-rwd
-365hp pushrod v8
-giant rear seat/tons of room
-50:50 weight distribution
-multilikn rear suspension
-stock lsd
-24mpg hwy with AFM
-under 4000 lb curb weight
-6 speed auto (great auto tranny, gxp got 6 speed manual)
-cheap to fix, parts still plentiful (though waning)
-aggressive yet understated 5-series-esque looks
-all that for under 30k new in 2008/2009

I will most likely be bidding, but I gotta get it cheap. No deal if I gotta pay more than $8-9k to my front door (it's still a very risky proposition)

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
All I read there was "because 'Murica":laugh:

Seriously, good luck. I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Lol thanks mate. I'm sure it won't happen, but it's worth a shot.

My wife has never liked the GTI's exterior (although she likes the superior interior, lol). she likes the g8 a lot, and if she rode in one I'm sure she would really like it, through the interior is a bit dated.

I want to be able to get at least $5k in selling my GTI that I can put into the house (part of the $ needed to finish the basement), so we will see about that. My car is probably worth at least $14k for the right buyer, I guess I will see if it comes to that..

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Lol I love koolaid, but come on dude: g8 gt is epic because

-rwd
-365hp pushrod v8
-giant rear seat/tons of room
-50:50 weight distribution
-multilikn rear suspension
-stock lsd
-24mpg hwy with AFM
-under 4000 lb curb weight
-6 speed auto (great auto tranny, gxp got 6 speed manual)
-cheap to fix, parts still plentiful (though waning)
-aggressive yet understated 5-series-esque looks
-all that for under 30k new in 2008/2009

I will most likely be bidding, but I gotta get it cheap. No deal if I gotta pay more than $8-9k to my front door (it's still a very risky proposition)

These are all great points. I love the G8, it's an awesome car. The thing about the G8 though, what about parts? The G8 isn't exactly a North American GM car in the sense that it shares tons of parts with other cars. The engine, yes. But what about other things like switchgear, electronics, etc..? Still think it's a great car haha. I love it.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
These are all great points. I love the G8, it's an awesome car. The thing about the G8 though, what about parts? The G8 isn't exactly a North American GM car in the sense that it shares tons of parts with other cars. The engine, yes. But what about other things like switchgear, electronics, etc..? Still think it's a great car haha. I love it.

Yep, it's a Holden though, so at least they made tons of commodores. Parts would be spendy if I needed them shipped from Aussie land, but still available at least.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yep, it's a Holden though, so at least they made tons of commodores. Parts would be spendy if I needed them shipped from Aussie land, but still available at least.

Yeah. I was thinking the same. A bit pricier, but I must say I love the G8. It's one of those cars that I just love everything about it. What colors do you have in mind?

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. I was thinking the same. A bit pricier, but I must say I love the G8. It's one of those cars that I just love everything about it. What colors do you have in mind?

My favorites are the spice red metallic (2009 only), and white hot.

The one in the auction is SRM - it's the exact car I'd buy. But I only want to switch if I can get some money out of my GTI. The g8 is a huge step up in performance over the yaris, but it's a step down in interior and a couple steps down on fuel economy. It's gotta be a great deal (just like my GTI was) for me to make the switch. I guess we'll see, but odds are it won't happen. I'm ok with it either way :thumbup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
My favorites are the spice red metallic (2009 only), and white hot.

The one in the auction is SRM - it's the exact car I'd buy. But I only want to switch if I can get some money out of my GTI. The g8 is a huge step up in performance over the yaris, but it's a step down in interior and a couple steps down on fuel economy. It's gotta be a great deal (just like my GTI was) for me to make the switch. I guess we'll see, but odds are it won't happen. I'm ok with it either way :thumbup:

Agreed. I like White Hot, it goes well on the car. Also, that's a massive power bump haha! The interior is halfway superior, it's not that bad...