GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Masters FX350 Review

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Slightly off-topic but not really: how much for a new DMFW? Anyone have a hard $#?

butchered by autocorrect

kern417

Go Kart Champion
interesting, when they said fx400 full face 8 puck i imagined it looking just like that. after checking i guess it's just simply an 8 puck then? or is it similar to this just different material? with it segmented like that does it only clamp down on the kevlar material or does the whole disk see pressure?

sorry i just started thinking really hard

Lou Maiuri

Banned
interesting, when they said fx400 full face 8 puck i imagined it looking just like that. after checking i guess it's just simply an 8 puck then? or is it similar to this just different material? with it segmented like that does it only clamp down on the kevlar material or does the whole disk see pressure?

sorry i just started thinking really hard

It is a pad system.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I'm in the same situation as you.:(, Going to get either this one or the FX400 8 puck.

fx400 8 puck segmented has some serious chatter. Full face puck will be less noisy

kern417

Go Kart Champion
fx400 8 puck segmented has some serious chatter. Full face puck will be less noisy

see this is where i'm getting confused, maybe i'm just being dumb but is the full face puck an fx350 or fx400? because i've seen the fx400 referred to as both, which is why i was saying i thought the 8 puck looked like the pic above.

for the fx400 the clutch codes go hdc4, hdc6, and then instead of hdc8 it's hdcl. The gti part number is 17375-hdcl-shp and according to clutchmasters website the "cl" means sprung full space ceramic disc. But according to Bender's thread it's the 8 puck and if you go to the fx400 description page it describes hdcl as 8 puck right at the top of the page.

http://clutchmasters.com/index.php?module=site&action=GetPage&id=18&nav=leftnav_products.tpl

....:confused:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
see this is where i'm getting confused, maybe i'm just being dumb but is the full face puck an fx350 or fx400? because i've seen the fx400 referred to as both, which is why i was saying i thought the 8 puck looked like the pic above.

for the fx400 the clutch codes go hdc4, hdc6, and then instead of hdc8 it's hdcl. The gti part number is 17375-hdcl-shp and according to clutchmasters website the "cl" means sprung full space ceramic disc. But according to Bender's thread it's the 8 puck and if you go to the fx400 description page it describes hdcl as 8 puck right at the top of the page.

http://clutchmasters.com/index.php?module=site&action=GetPage&id=18&nav=leftnav_products.tpl

....:confused:

Just call Mike Hood to get definitive answers. It is really the only way you are going to get any definitive light shed on this issue without opinion stated as fact.

And the fx350 isn't a puck set up it is a pad set up.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah even with a google search all you see are 4 and 6 puck pictures. i think it's just a regular 8 puck and the "full-face" description is null. thanks for the help though