GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Valance -- plasti dip done!!!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Finally had the time to get this done. Here is the write-up....?

Removal was quite easy. I jacked up the rear for a little more clearance. 2 philips screws on outside edges and 2 Allen screws close to the middle. Then I just yanked it straight off, freeing it from clips. I them cleaned with glass cleaner - easy and never leaves residue. I cleaned the inside as well as I couldn't touch it without dirt getting on my hands.

Spraying it was also easy. When people pre say you can't screw this up, they mean it. First hit with it and I thought I did too much and it would run, but as it dries it evens itself out. As long as you understand how to use a rattle can, you can do this. I waited a couple hours, then hit it with another coat. Both coats I did pretty thick, as I was going to lose daylight and wouldn't have time for a 3rd.

Installation is just push it into place and put the 4 screws back in. It did seem "tighter" going back on, as there was now a layer of plasti dip on the clips and what not. I suppose you could tape this off, but I think it's a unnecessary waste of time.

The results are amazing. Hard to capture on the camera since the sun was setting, but in person it is perfect. Personally, I think the glossifier would make it even better, and I will be soon purchasing some. I'll post pics of that when it is done. But, for now, enjoy your hat I could get!

I also hit my rear hatch badge, but since I had the interlagos insert I had to cut out covers to block it and when removing those it kinda messed it up. I now need to buy new inserts from klii and do it again, but it's alright for now.

I'll post better pics tomorrow when the light is better! :thumbup:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Forgive the typos, damn smart phone makes me look stupid!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
This is the bes I can do for before. The light was jus bad for the after. Tomorrow sir!

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Looks good, I also think it needs the gloss added.

Delta0Medusa

Ready to race!
I also recently plasti dipped my rear diffuser black. Here are some of my pics.
I think it definitely looks better than the boring grey; it completes the back of the car. It will look so much better gloss though.

Photo Jan 28, 20 14 24.jpg
I tested 1 coat on the back of the diffuser with a piece of tape to see the color difference. Tape mark is the original color.
Photo Jan 30, 16 42 56.jpg
2 coats. Obviously pic isn't the best lol.
Photo Jan 30, 16 43 08.jpg

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
great stuff. Sounds like a possible spring project for me.

P

plac

i need to see them back to back in same pic to really sense it. i dont see much of a difference in black and dark grey myself.

and then you have side moldings still the same color so its non matching. as well as the front bumper lower valance maybe?