GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Valance -- plasti dip done!!!

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Has anybody done a true gloss black paint on the valence and skirts? Mine is currently plasti-dipped and "glossed"but it still isn't very shiny.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
My bad, didn't even watch the video. I assumed it was gonna be him plastidipping the car so I skipped it. Has Plac posted pictures of the finished valence?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I'm now thinking NON-gloss would have been better. I guess you would call it matte black. With the gloss, you get all the weird glares in the sun, and reflection type stuff. makes it harder to see the nice black color. it is worse on the sides. i might re-do the sides in matte black next, i think it would look better. unless it is sanded smooth, i think the glossy doesnt look great as a textured surface.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
I'm now thinking NON-gloss would have been better. I guess you would call it matte black. With the gloss, you get all the weird glares in the sun, and reflection type stuff. makes it harder to see the nice black color. it is worse on the sides. i might re-do the sides in matte black next, i think it would look better. unless it is sanded smooth, i think the glossy doesnt look great as a textured surface.

Did my sides and rear...no gloss..that shit is hard to get perfect

TKE Mario

Ready to race!
Has anybody done a true gloss black paint on the valence and skirts? Mine is currently plasti-dipped and "glossed"but it still isn't very shiny.

currently getting mine actually painted gloss black, I sanded all the texture away tho (220, 320, and then 600 grit sandpaper)

I'll post pics when it's done

kerp

Ready to race!
currently getting mine actually painted gloss black, I sanded all the texture away tho (220, 320, and then 600 grit sandpaper)

I'll post pics when it's done

Inspiring me to pull and sand my valence, guards, and side skirts. Been wanting to paint them gloss black for a minute.