GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Valance -- plasti dip done!!!

P

plac

im thinking if you want it black, why not just spray paint it in the first place? then you still get the texture showing through also.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Did some spirited driving, no heat is not an issue.

I get the painting vs. plasti dip, but plasti dip can be removed, paint cannot.

As far as not noticing the differences, it's only the pics. In person it is quite obvious. Maybe I'll drive over to VW and park it next to a stock CSG for difference.

In lieu of glossifier, can any lacquer or gloss enamel work? Anyone know?? Glossifier is not available in stores, and I have a day off to tomorrow and want to finish it!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I've put gloss on top of plasti dip before but unless you get the plasti-dip "glossifier" one you will then not be able to pull the plasti dip off since it's covered by regular clear paint. It looks fine, you'll just lose the benefit of plastidip!

P

plac

i tried plasti-dip spray on my metal brackets a few weeks ago. found it kind of hard to use. it came out kind of splattery out of the can, even after a good shake. is it supposed to be that rough out of the can? do you layer multiple coats, or just one really good coat? as easy as it is to peel it off some day, i would think it would chip easily from rocks on the road and such.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Looks good but seems like the difference is really subtle.

LBCGTI1

Ready to race!
Would one can of plasti dip be enough to do valance + side skirts or should i order 2?

P

plac

Would one can of plasti dip be enough to do valance + side skirts or should i order 2?

i would say 2. you dont want to run out mid project. i got mine right at Home Depot. check it out before ordering online.

LBCGTI1

Ready to race!
i would say 2. you dont want to run out mid project. i got mine right at Home Depot. check it out before ordering online.

Thx man i just checked it out $5.98 at local Home Depot ill get couple cans

P

plac

Thx man i just checked it out $5.98 at local Home Depot ill get couple cans

it will look like this.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I've put gloss on top of plasti dip before but unless you get the plasti-dip "glossifier" one you will then not be able to pull the plasti dip off since it's covered by regular clear paint. It looks fine, you'll just lose the benefit of plastidip!

Excellent. At this point I am happy with the results, so putting a regular gloss on it would be fine. I don't think I will want to remove it. Thanks for having done this. I thought it woukd be OK, but no peel either!

Plac is right, def 2 cans. I am almost out of one from the valance and badge. I've considered now doing the mud flaps and side skirts as well. As subtle as it looks on camera, it looks great in person. Just enough of a difference To just make the car flow better, even on the CSG!

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Excellent. At this point I am happy with the results, so putting a regular gloss on it would be fine. I don't think I will want to remove it. Thanks for having done this. I thought it woukd be OK, but no peel either!

Plac is right, def 2 cans. I am almost out of one from the valance and badge. I've considered now doing the mud flaps and side skirts as well. As subtle as it looks on camera, it looks great in person. Just enough of a difference To just make the car flow better, even on the CSG!

I'll have to look at this when I'm in Roseville next. If you have Saturdays open, I'm down to go up next weekend for a plastidip day

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

P

plac

has anyone taken off those side skirts yet? I dug into it halfway once. 2 screws, one on each end. but then i got sketch about prying it off the clips along the body. you might need new clips to put it back on properly.

wish i had a spare rear valance to mess with so i couldnt wreck my own while learning how not to do it. can't cost much more than $100 brand new tho..