GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Valance -- plasti dip done!!!

Karterman

I attached 3 more pictures, honestly, im not sure what exactly the part is either. bit i will attach also a picture of the other side, showing how its not bent. Last picture, is the one that is not bent. I will try to find a name on that part.
sorry for posting in this thread. didnt know where else to go..:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
08.02.2011 is feb 8th, 2011. Remember they do their dates backwards in the EU.

Nope. You Americans do it backwards. I mean, day/month/year....what could be simpler?
Although in Canada I see year/month/day becoming more common.

Grownman

Ready to race!
Uh... looks like you a severe leak somewhere... or you have been driving on freshly paved roads for a long time? Black shit = oil.

Karterman

Way too evenly coated to be oil in my opinion

Yeah, deffinately not oil.. its dry. and sprayed up there out of a can or gun, its obvious. as for bend, i have no idea how or when, i just noticed it, and I now.believe its been in an accident. I have done absolutely NOTHING to this car. I've only had for a month and a half. The bumper, and side of car have been painted, and the dealership is awaiting on me to have the gas cap housing replaced, on the same side of car that's painted. I refused yo have done til I figure this all out. I think it needs be replacing due to prior damage. My alignment I believe is also off. car pulls right. took.it back 2 days after purchase, manager drove it a quarter mile. At 20 mph.. said it was fine. Refused to put on macyine and fix. I don't kbow what to do.. sorry for spelling, on my.phone.

Karterman

That bend looks too exact (to me) yo be damage

this is my assumption from what i saw under the car.. the bumper bracket, when the car got hit, crumbled up and bent that during impact, they just didnt replace that piece? I wish i knew what happened, so frustrating:threadjacked:.

rpandresen

Ready to race!
BTW in case anyone else uses this thread for guidance on how to do this mod here's my 2 cents.

1) My valence (2012) is held on by 4 torx screws (T25)

2) The clips are extremely difficult to remove and must be pushed directly through the fender. I had to brute force mine while holding the bumper steady.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
BTW in case anyone else uses this thread for guidance on how to do this mod here's my 2 cents.

2) The clips are extremely difficult to remove and must be pushed directly through the fender. I had to brute force mine while holding the bumper steady.

Yep, gotta yank that shit off. Fun stuff!

L3it3R

Passed Driver's Ed

Mine came off with very little effort. Went back on without any issues.

illDub6

Ready to race!
Tomorrow i wanna plasti dip my side skirts and rear diffuser , Can someone give me some advice on how to go about everything ( DIY) the only thing i see giving me a problem is going around the exhaust and getting inside that area near the exhaust, how do i go about it ? if i leave the diffuser on ? i just wanna do it right , thanks

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Tomorrow i wanna plasti dip my side skirts and rear diffuser , Can someone give me some advice on how to go about everything ( DIY) the only thing i see giving me a problem is going around the exhaust and getting inside that area near the exhaust, how do i go about it ? if i leave the diffuser on ? i just wanna do it right , thanks

If possible, take them off the car. It is very easy to do and makes the process much simpler. The valence has 4 torx screws (T25) and then pulls directly out from the car, just like in Plac's video. The side skirts have 3 T25 torx screws each. Then slide the skirt toward the front wheel and pull away from the car when you feel them click. Couldn't be easier, maybe 5 minutes to remove all 3

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
It really is alot easier than it seems. The clear I used on the side Sucked, so I gotta take those off and redo them. It's so easy to remove that's why I haven't done it yet.