GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozirus

Hey guys,

Since I bought my GTI in Sept I've been reading the forums but never actually posted until now.

I have the fancy Black Pearl color (which oddly enough looks blue when in direct white light....) and I can't decide between the Dark Cherry or Black/Smoked lights. I've tried to find a pic beyond the white GTI from the first page but have failed so far.

Thoughts?

Tactical Pancake

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Since I bought my GTI in Sept I've been reading the forums but never actually posted until now.

I have the fancy Black Pearl color (which oddly enough looks blue when in direct white light....) and I can't decide between the Dark Cherry or Black/Smoked lights. I've tried to find a pic beyond the white GTI from the first page but have failed so far.

Thoughts?

Yo, cops can be pissy about tinted lights. IMO I think the regular non tinted look the best. To each his own though. At the price of 385$ it's a smokin deal. Good luck with your deliberation!

kdtn

Passed Driver's Ed
tails just came in today! was wondering if it would void my warranty.. any info would help before i do the install. thanks!

mcomora

Ready to race!
So I ordered a set and they're coming tomorrow, but that's besides the point.

I'm here to let you know about the shipping problems the others are having and how to solve them.

He ships them through FedEx, which is generally regarded as the best carrier to use domestically. A lot of you are saying that you have to go to the FedEx store to pick them up because you missed dropoff/signature twice? I called FedEx today and asked about that since the online tracking says "Indirect signature required." The nice rep lady on the phone told me that that means that you don't have to physically be there to sign for them. Since it's "indirect," you can just put a note on your door or mat and say "FedEx- please leave package here" and they will leave it, so long as your signature is on the piece of paper (hence the INDIRECT signature).

Also, it doesn't have to be the person who it's being delivered to who has to sign the package. As long as somebody is home, they can sign for it. The cleaning lady frequently signs for my packages and FedEx/UPS have never given me any problems.

Hope this clears up any confusion you may have had about the indirect signature confirmation! I'll post pics of the lights when I install them tomorrow, probably in the evening.

Last edited:

elitegunslinger

Ready to race!
I didn't buy mine through the group buy; but here are the dark cherry with fog on my car :D

Last edited:

Ozirus

Ya good point. I slept on it and if I can get the money in time I'll probably order the Cherry ones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
elitegunslinger....looks good man. I'm assuming you bought yours through eBay? Links if you have it.

elitegunslinger

Ready to race!
elitegunslinger....looks good man. I'm assuming you bought yours through eBay? Links if you have it.

I got them through Hard Parker Garage on VWVortex; they hooked me up with a deal similar to what is being offered here. I don't know if they are vendors there anymore because their threads are now in the archive section. I meant to give them a review but my car was in the shop for 4 months unexpectedly being tuned. Great guys though with super fast shipping. I had some extra opticoat that I applied to them for added protection to the surface. So far no leaks and it has been raining for the past 3 days straight. Fog looks nice but I don't use it that often so I don't expect it to burn out.

I probably didn't need the resistor packs as I have VCDS, I might disconnect them and see if I get a bulb out because I did code them already lol. Side note though, those packs are huge and a tight fit in the hatch portion.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion

I got them through Hard Parker Garage on VWVortex; they hooked me up with a deal similar to what is being offered here. I don't know if they are vendors there anymore because their threads are now in the archive section. I meant to give them a review but my car was in the shop for 4 months unexpectedly being tuned. Great guys though with super fast shipping. I had some extra opticoat that I applied to them for added protection to the surface. So far no leaks and it has been raining for the past 3 days straight. Fog looks nice but I don't use it that often so I don't expect it to burn out.

I probably didn't need the resistor packs as I have VCDS, I might disconnect them and see if I get a bulb out because I did code them already lol. Side note though, those packs are huge and a tight fit in the hatch portion.

cools.
I've been comteplating on getting a set (replicas OR Genuine VW/Hella) but not ready to pull the trigger on it. I want the VW/Hella's but can't see myself paying $650+ for them. That's the same amount for a stage2 tune. :(

OMGolfR

Bought a set of Black Cherry's from Joseph yesterday. I also have a set of OEM Dark/Tinted cherry. Here's a comparison of the two on a CSG Golf R and a Black GTI. Hope this helps someone...

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
@Ozirus - This is Caleb with Black Smoke and below you can see Dark Cherry vs Black Cherry (Tinted Turns)
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=961264&postcount=286

Feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions for you.

Bought a set of Black Cherry's from Joseph yesterday. I also have a set of OEM Dark/Tinted cherry. Here's a comparison of the two on a CSG Golf R and a Black GTI. Hope this helps someone...

Okay, when you said you have a GTI I was thinking sweet! Then you mentioned you had an R and I was thinking Damn. Now you lay this shit on me with an Awesome Puppy! Good God man, he takes all the attention away from your cars!

Is he/she for sale? Trade for LED tails? hahahaha

Thanks for the pictures!!! Im sure buyers will apreciate it greatly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.