GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

kec789

Ready to race!
@mcomora

Those look great! Makes me jones for a set....

mcomora

Ready to race!
@mcomora

Those look great! Makes me jones for a set....

They're definitely more than worth it, especially over OEM.

Fresh

Ready to race!
Definately interested in the Black smoked. I don't think it is illegal to have, but I'm sure it would look pretty good on CW. Especially if I tint the main break lights and rear reflectors too.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Fresh....I think you might get tired of the black tint lights. Imo, the dark cherry looks best on CW. Even the OEM VW one looks a bit odd.

Update: My set of lights have been shipped !!! That's what I'm talkin' about.

Last edited:

kdtn

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed, took me about 45 mins with an extra hand!

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
^^^ looks good. You're making it hard for me to wait patiently for my set to arrive.

This might be a dumb question but......can I get my car Vag Com'd to the new code prior to replacing the stock tail lights? If not I will just deal with the flickering lights until after the install.

mcomora

Ready to race!
Really poor picture, but I'll get a better one tomorrow. This is my Shadow Blue GTI with the Depos and my friend's Golf R with OEM lights and harnesses. Close to double the price, and you can really only tell the difference when they're side by side. Even then it's very minimal. Last night was his first time seeing them and I can tell he's having some kind of buyer's remorse :p

Last edited:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Confirmed. Adding the bumpers was a good suggestion. Thanks!

Glad it worked :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Any of yea'all replaced the backup (reverse) and turn signal bulbs with another bulb such as Polarg/PIAA/BI HYBRID...that is not LED? If I'm not mistaken the reverse is #192 while the turn signal is #7440A. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.