GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeep guy --> GTI guy

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm maybe Sac-town is much bigger than I remember. Either way, I'd love to be stationed at either base.

LAYING DOWN MEOWWWWW

Yah, GTFO and sleep!

Halvie

WOOSA
i miss this

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
İf u want decent passenger room, the fiesta is not going to cut it, but its more fun to drive vs gti as its nearly 3,000 ibs lighter and has lsd. Gti is more daily driver friendly and which i think it fits the bill, you can find lot of '13-'14 leftovers easily.

Also nice looking jeep, i want a lifted xj myself as second vehicle for muddin, beach trips and winter beater. İ cant imagine that as my only car.

SWFan

Passed Driver's Ed
İf u want decent passenger room, the fiesta is not going to cut it, but its more fun to drive vs gti as its nearly 3,000 ibs lighter and has lsd. Gti is more daily driver friendly and which i think it fits the bill, you can find lot of '13-'14 leftovers easily.

+++

I picked up a new 2013 back in April. The Fiesta wasn't even on the radar due to the small size. I was mainly comparing against the Mazdaspeed 3 and the Ford Focus ST. What moved me to the GTI over those two choices was two things, 1) interior space in the VW was larger than the other two and 2) interior of the VW didn't scream boy racer and felt more refined.

Comparing the GTI to the Fiesta ST is really not a good comparison. I'd suggest you go check out a Focus ST for a better comparison. But I think you'll find on either the Mazda or the Ford as I did, the back seats are really tight. I don't know why, because from the outside all three cars looked about the same in size, but the GTI definitely provides more room in the back seat.

Another factor to keep in mind, German cars are just more expensive to maintain. So if you're used to domestic or Asian car maintenance costs, don't be surprised when the VW costs start adding up to more. Its just a fact of life that everything in the U.S. coming from Germany costs more to maintain (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, VW, etc).

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So your main reason to get a GTI is gas savings :laugh: Whatever helps you sleep at night

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion

Also nice looking jeep, i want a lifted xj myself as second vehicle for muddin, beach trips and winter beater. İ cant imagine that as my only car.

~100lbs total for a fiesta ST you say? (my GTI weighs around 3100lbs without me in it)

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I'd be happy to offer advice but you have many questions and I'm too tired right now so I'll consolidate.

Get a CPO GTI. You'll love it. If you have an extra $600 to spend, then stage 1 tune it. You won't be sorry. Just be nice to your clutch. MkVII's start at like $26k and I have seen multiple at lots near me. I bought my 2010 GTI with just under 30k on it for $22k out the door with 0 down, 3.14% interest rate, and my payment is $342 on a 72 month term. Hopefully that helps.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
So your main reason to get a GTI is gas savings :laugh: Whatever helps you sleep at night

Bro, I'm getting 16.3 MPG city right now in my Jeep. I'm pretty sure a GTI gets shit tons better MPG than that lmao

I'd be happy to offer advice but you have many questions and I'm too tired right now so I'll consolidate.

Get a CPO GTI. You'll love it. If you have an extra $600 to spend, then stage 1 tune it. You won't be sorry. Just be nice to your clutch. MkVII's start at like $26k and I have seen multiple at lots near me. I bought my 2010 GTI with just under 30k on it for $22k out the door with 0 down, 3.14% interest rate, and my payment is $342 on a 72 month term. Hopefully that helps.

Cool so I'm kind of thinking the right thing already, very good. Thanks for the advice!

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Bro, I'm getting 16.3 MPG city right now in my Jeep. I'm pretty sure a GTI gets shit tons better MPG than that lmao

not shit tons... over all my GTI's (dont ask) i have always averaged 24mpg.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Dude...if any Jeep Wrangler got 24 MPG city the owner would be questioned for Jesus-like powers and he'd become some form of new religion. I don't want a Prius, I just want something that gets overall more than I average in highway MPG (19 MPG -_-)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Cool so I'm kind of thinking the right thing already, very good. Thanks for the advice!
Bro how much of a bath will you take on tax alone ... Its almost never cheaper to switch cars.

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Bro how much of a bath will you take on tax alone ... Its almost never cheaper to switch cars.

I owe $22k on my Jeep and I could get $24k private sale easily and depending on the stealership, close to that there too. It's happened and my Jeep hasn't been destroyed like many others so it's possible. I wouldn't be upside down. Plus my credit is good for being a 22 y/o

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion

I can't speak to how much money he'll loose but jeeps god their value surprisingly well. I have a friend with a '99 wrangler that's still worth $10k

Kenny-g

Ready to race!
Yeah i wouldn't do it if I couldn't come out on top (minus what I've already paid obviously).

I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with a Manual or an Auto. I am in the Air Force and pretty much all bases have ridiculously slow speed limits with ass tons of traffic coming on and off the base at certain times so I feel like it'd get old having a manual. Plus the autos are more abundant and cheaper (usually).

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Yeah i wouldn't do it if I couldn't come out on top (minus what I've already paid obviously).

I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with a Manual or an Auto. I am in the Air Force and pretty much all bases have ridiculously slow speed limits with ass tons of traffic coming on and off the base at certain times so I feel like it'd get old having a manual. Plus the autos are more abundant and cheaper (usually).

Honestly both are good. Personally I have 2 DSG GTIs and I love the DSG. Its a great alternative to a manual without actually being an automatic. You'll have less maintenance costs with a manual and that will probably be more fun at the end of the day. The DSG works great for me because my wife can drive it easily plus I can shift when I want to when I drive or just put it in D and go.