GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mille170 Build Thread

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 01/25

My R-Dash LED plate lights came in today, and the install was as easy as can be. I made sure to tape up all the connections as others have suggested so they do not rattle themselves loose. Again, we all know how these look so I do not feel a pic is necessary. One draw back to this setup is that I feel I need LED tails to finish off the look.

BrownBear1

Ready to race!
My R-Dash LED plate lights came in today, and the install was as easy as can be. I made sure to tape up all the connections as others have suggested so they do not rattle themselves loose. Again, we all know how these look so I do not feel a pic is necessary. One draw back to this setup is that I feel I need LED tails to finish off the look.

If you haven't seen I can post a picture of mine

Mille170

Ready to race!
I know it has been some time since I added to this thread, but progress has been rather slow. I recently got the plaid license plate frame from KLii, but that's about it. I just placed an order for some stuff from Bold-Sport, nothing too exciting just some interior goodies. As far as suspension, I am still flip-flopping but I am leaning heavily toward DriverGear springs. I will post some pics when I get the new stuff installed.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 04/03

Finally got the package from Bold Sport, I did not realize that everything shipped from Hong Kong. The package included a gloss black front emblem, seat handle inserts, and an ignition bezel. I got the interior goodies in today, but I am waiting until I have more time to put the from emblem on. Finally, I have an appt to go APR stage 1 at EuroCode on the 16th. Cant wait!!

Mille170

Ready to race!
Well, I finally got the grill apart however the Bold-Sport gloss emblem does not fit. There is something wrong with the clips that doesn't allow them all to engage. I guess its time to send my stock one off to John.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Just placed an order with John@FTC5 to get my stock one painted up and I also opted for some mirror caps. The spending never stops.

EDIT: Also had and EPC light come on while I was headed to work tonight. It went away the next time I started my car, but this doesn't bode well for my road trip this weekend.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 04/16

Well I finally pulled the trigger and went stage one today. I headed up to Eurocode simply because of the reputation they have. Everything went great, and it seemed to go pretty quick. They also installed my Autotech lower engine mount which allows me to get the power down much better. There is definitely added NVH, but it is not that bad. Yet another thumbs up for Eurocode!!!

Mille170

Ready to race!
I have had the itch to upgrade my head unit as of late, however I just do not know what to go with. I am currently considering three options: 1) Pioneer AppRadio2 2) RCD-510 or 3) Upgrade to the 2012 RCD-310. Each option has its perks, I just cannot decided on which one to go with. I have an ipod that stays in my car all the time, so I would pretty much only use the AppRadio for the Pandora capability. However, I can plug my phone into the aux port and use Pandora that way. The RCD-510 would be a nice upgrade, but I do not have steering wheel buttons and I am worried that it would be a pain to constantly change tracks with a touchscreen. Finally, the RCD-310 would obviously be the cheapest option; and the newer one with the black background would look so much better. Any insight or ideas??