GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mille170 Build Thread

Mille170

Ready to race!
Hi All,

I have had my car for about 5 months now so I figured I should start a build thread. Let me know what you think.

Here she is the day after I got her with just the windows tinted.

My first actual mod was the rear wiper delete plug from Euro Image. I think it really cleans up the rear end.

Before:

After:

Next on the list was yellow fogs, I originally had LamineX, but I could not get the bubbles out completely, so I had my tint shop redo them. Their yellow is a bit darker, but it still looks good IMO.

My next mod was a sub, this is something I really missed in my single cab truck. I was able to get the bass control know mounted in one of the dummy switches, I really like the way this came out.

I then went on a cosmetic mod frenzy with a roof wrap, color matched markers, and the rear view mirror wrap.

From John@FCT5

From kliimotorwerkes

Finally it was time for my first performance mod, which was an APR Stage 1 and 2 inake.

As you can tell from the above pic I also colormatched part of the engine cover and battery cover. I finish up the under hood paint with the coolant resivoir cap and washer fluid cap.

Here is the car as she sits now. I have some other mods on the way such as vent mounted boost gauge, OEM short shifter, and LED license plate lights (I will update accordingly)

As far as the future, I plan on coilovers, some sort of intercooler and exhaust, ECU tune, as well as any other mods that catch my eye. Please let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 12/03

I got the OEM short shifter installed today, although the change is not drastic it is definitely noticeable. As others have said this is the way the car should have come from the factory. Definitely a decent part for only $50.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 12/03 Part 2

Boredom led to another mod that I found on that other VW forum. I removed the warning stickers from the visors which was surprisingly easy. I soaked a paper towel in 90% rubbing alcohol and let it sit for about 10 min, then peeled off the warning label. I let the paper towel sit for another 5 min on the left over residue, then cleaned rubbed it down with a little GooGone. Finally finished them with some armorall to even out the color. It came out pretty good.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 12/16

I just got a package from John@FTC5 with color matched grill stripes and rear emblem. Everything came out great as usual. I will get the rear emblem on tomorrow and update with pics accordingly.
Unboxing:

Rear Emblem:

Grill Stripes On:

Thanks again John!

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Looks awesome man. Pretty wild to see a part of my car go from Florida to Cali (by way of John, somewhere..) Power of the forums..!

Glad it all worked out to your liking! Car looks Great! Happy Holidays, sir.:w00t:

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
Thank u guy . I m soon doing carbon fiber overlay . Stay tune after the holiday.
Wish everyone a happy new year .

Mille170

Ready to race!
Update 12/17

I got the color matched rear emblem on today and it is exactly what I was looking for. Now all I need is some RB Styling badges to complete the black and white theme.
Installed Rear Emblem:

I think I'm going to take a break from mods for a while so I can save up for some coils, but we all know how that goes.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Thanks, it is weird to think that the latch went from Florida to Cali, then to New Jersey, and back to Cali. My stock one is now for sale so hopefully someone can do the same.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
The rear looks great!

Get RB styling GTI (front and rear) and GTI rear....they all look good on CW IMO

But the rear VW looks off on the back of the CW....always wanted to do the rear VW like that....now i am convinced :)

Any more pics of the gloss finish would be cool, looks matte there.

Ukrkid37

Ready to race!
Oh those were your Grill Stripes that I saw when I went to go get my front, and rear, and striping done. Check mine out on my Build Thread. It looks clean, but I'd debadge the back just because the chrome is out of place. As for the RB Style front Badge....that's on my list of subtle mods in the future.

Mille170

Ready to race!
The rear looks great!

Get RB styling GTI (front and rear) and GTI rear....they all look good on CW IMO

But the rear VW looks off on the back of the CW....always wanted to do the rear VW like that....now i am convinced :)

Any more pics of the gloss finish would be cool, looks matte there.

I want the RB Styling GTI for front and rear, but Im not sure which ones I want to get. I for sure want the black letters for the back, but idk if I should get white ones for the front so they stand out more or get black for the front as well so it matches.

As far as a better pic, I only have my cell phone so the quality is not that good. I will try to snap some with a better camera after I give her a bath this week.