GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 vs Civic Si supercharged

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
Nice runs, I thought the gti would pull with a larger turbo like that. In my opinion, turbochargers > superchargers. But then again, the sound of a supercharger can be nice (definitely if you're used to something totally different). I am a little surprised at how many cars go SC and then can't make the power they were expecting to make and could have made off of a decent turbo setup. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with personal opinions, what they actually want out of the car, and how much money they can budget.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
I agree with all of you that the supercharger whine is maddd sexy... But obviously we all know turbo is the way to go.

Also, Just an hour ago, on my way home, I see a bike pulling up behind me (I'm on the highway). He goes to swerve around me, and I rev drop it into 3rd at 5k and I can see the guy is crouching down and nailing it... It was a all white Yamaha R6. Right when I threw it in 3rd, 5k to 7k rpm we are dead even... I threw it into 4th and put about 2 cars on him in 4th, threw it into 5th and I was more than 3 cars ahead of him and I let off the gas. I had my boy with me, he's pretty big like 180lb. Me and him were laughing so hard. It was my first bike kill, I was super excited to say the least hahaha!!

Last edited:

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I really can't say right now.. you'll have to wait a few more weeks for a dyno run when my tune is finished and I hook up my water meth...

i know your current numbers!!! :fighting0030::thumbsup::burnrubber:

(i showed up for the last dyno pull lol)

i actually sent Ray an email tonight regarding your car lol

BTW guys dont pester him nor me, we are NOT going to give numbers of an unfinished kit/tune. Just wait until its done, trust me, it'll be well worth it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Those were some serious rice noises. :laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
i know your current numbers!!! :fighting0030::thumbsup::burnrubber:

(i showed up for the last dyno pull lol)

i actually sent Ray an email tonight regarding your car lol

BTW guys dont pester him nor me, we are NOT going to give numbers of an unfinished kit/tune. Just wait until its done, trust me, it'll be well worth it.

:thumbup: cant imagine when its actually finished...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So you just don't like Hondas I take it? Lot worse examples of rice on this forum than a sc'd si...

I like hondas... I don't really like the way that one sounds.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
I agree with all of you that the supercharger whine is maddd sexy... But obviously we all know turbo is the way to go.

Also, Just an hour ago, on my way home, I see a bike pulling up behind me (I'm on the highway). He goes to swerve around me, and I rev drop it into 3rd at 5k and I can see the guy is crouching down and nailing it... It was a all white Yamaha R6. Right when I threw it in 3rd, 5k to 7k rpm we are dead even... I threw it into 4th and put about 2 cars on him in 4th, threw it into 5th and I was more than 3 cars ahead of him and I let off the gas. I had my boy with me, he's pretty big like 180lb. Me and him were laughing so hard. It was my first bike kill, I was super excited to say the least hahaha!!

I'm guessing the guy on the bike is a terrible rider. If he dropped down a few gears to get into the powerband he'd pull away easily. The R6 is a 10.9 second 1/4 mile bike but makes its power high in the rev range. It's a 425 pound wet weight bike with 103 dyno'ed hp. Even if your GTI makes 400 hp and is lightened to 3000 pounds there's no way you should be able to compete.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
I'm guessing the guy on the bike is a terrible rider. If he dropped down a few gears to get into the powerband he'd pull away easily. The R6 is a 10.9 second 1/4 mile bike but makes its power high in the rev range. It's a 425 pound wet weight bike with 103 dyno'ed hp. Even if your GTI makes 400 hp and is lightened to 3000 pounds there's no way you should be able to compete.

Lol he must have been a bad driver, or wasn't in his powerband... When I downshifted he crouched down into his little "I'm racing" stance. Guess I got lucky.