GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mkvi autobahn vs. drivers edition

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Little late to the party but I prefer the serrons over laguna wheels... Probably biased but I like the two toned vs all grey.

Idk about the base audio system as all i've had time to get to know is dynaudio's. Needed a sub for the low end, but most stock system's do IMO.

KESSY was just a neat little gadget at first, but now I absolutely love it.

You really are just looking at 1k for KESSY, diff wheels, and upgraded audio (i believe). Seems like a fair price in my eyes if you want the added features. My main reason for going autobahn was the wheels.

After typing this I saw you went w/ the autobahn. What won it over for you?

jsh1120

Ready to race!
Recently had this exact choice to make. Needed a 4DR DSG with leather (dog hair issue) so it came down to a Driver's Edition versus the (increasingly rare) Autobahn. Price difference worked out to $140 more for the Autobahn for Dynaudio, kessy, and the Serron wheels (which I preferred). No brainer. Went with the Autobahn for $30.2K and the dealer threw in a cargo net, cargo blocks, and a "protection package" (door and wheel well vinyl protection) free of charge.

Don't see why Serrons are hated by many. I personally think they look more mature and upscale than the vastly overdone and copied laguna style wheels. Plus, the Serrons are two tone and looks sweet when waxed and shiny.

I like the Detroits, but dayuummmm they weigh 30 lbs and I can feel the difference on braking and acceleration between them and the 24 lb serron wheels. POW!

Last edited:
Alos, for the "Dynaudio haters after just 5 minutes of listening to the system"...

I suggest you all do as owners do, spend more time with the system. The Tone settings are weird for an auto system.... some fine tuning will go a loooooooooooong way. And after the initial break-in period (yes fine speakers require break-in too), the system will shine.

oh, and it can handle rap n hip hop fine. Just not as well as with a big giant sub in th e trunk.

It is THE DEFINITIVE HIGH FIDELITY NON-surround system audio system for a car under $35k. FROM AN OWNER.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Agreed, the Dynaudio is quite good for a factory sound system. Of course if you think beats by dre = good sound then you won't like the Dynaudio (and you need some help)! :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, the Dynaudio is quite good for a factory sound system. Of course if you think beats by dre = good sound then you won't like the Dynaudio (and you need some help)! :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thank you. hahahaha Beats by Dr Dre... what marketing horse fodder. smh.

I've grown tired of reading posts from those who don't have Dynaudio (but bash it), who've never spent time fiddling with the dynaudio/blaupunkt system to get the right sound from each source of music. I have had a frustrating time of getting the tones just right for my SD card music... it takes days to fine tune, and for some prat to spend 5 minutes listening to it at the local VW stealership, barely playing with tone controls...and then certifying it a below-par system is just pretentious.

Play with the tones, break em in gently, get your IPOS/ Sd card files nice and HQ... or hell stick in a CD... and hang on for exquisite sound quality.... (turn off your soundaktor if you want even better sound ..LOL)

And let's face it... the little /dynaudio symbols on the a pillars send HF Geeks into a immediate spats of titillation . :)
It is MILES ahead of the base sytem in a GTI... FACT.

rich337

Ready to race!
Don't see why Serrons are hated by many. I personally think they look more mature and upscale than the vastly overdone and copied laguna style wheels. Plus, the Serrons are two tone and looks sweet when waxed and shiny.

I like the Detroits, but dayuummmm they weigh 30 lbs and I can feel the difference on braking and acceleration between them and the 24 lb serron wheels. POW!

i agree 100%, and holy shit I had no idea the weight difference was so huge!

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
thank you. hahahaha Beats by Dr Dre... what marketing horse fodder. smh.

I've grown tired of reading posts from those who don't have Dynaudio (but bash it), who've never spent time fiddling with the dynaudio/blaupunkt system to get the right sound from each source of music. I have had a frustrating time of getting the tones just right for my SD card music... it takes days to fine tune, and for some prat to spend 5 minutes listening to it at the local VW stealership, barely playing with tone controls...and then certifying it a below-par system is just pretentious.

Play with the tones, break em in gently, get your IPOS/ Sd card files nice and HQ... or hell stick in a CD... and hang on for exquisite sound quality.... (turn off your soundaktor if you want even better sound ..LOL)

And let's face it... the little /dynaudio symbols on the a pillars send HF Geeks into a immediate spats of titillation . :)
It is MILES ahead of the base sytem in a GTI... FACT.

+1. I love my Dynaudio, people who complain that it doesn't have enough low end are really complaining that it doesn't have enough low end for the people in the car next to you to appreciate it.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Love my dyna as well. Sounds awesome streaming pandora dancehall raggae mon :)

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
dynaudio isn't great but it is a good factory upgrade system.

the sound system in the base model is absolute shit lows and highs cancel each other out in the base models system and it is really frustrating.

can't wait to do an overhaul on my cars sound system for something clear and well balanced.

Blur456

anyone know what the exact differences are in the seats? The VW web page states they are the "Top Sports Seats" in the DE. Are these the same as in the Autobahn?

I test drove what could be one of the last Autobahn's in my area and liked the seats so hoping the DE are the same or better.

thanks,
A soon to be GTI owner.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Autobahn seats are "Top Sport" seats, which means more aggressive bolsters than the seats found on the non-Autobahn levels.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
+1. I love my Dynaudio, people who complain that it doesn't have enough low end are really complaining that it doesn't have enough low end for the people in the car next to you to appreciate it.

Yeah, a true test of an audio system is a classical symphony. Not whether you can rattle all the bolts out of your car with constant thumping bass. The Dynaudio excels at this.