GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Orleans GTI: MK6 CSG, 6MT 5 door

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
K04....K04....K04.... :D

STOP ITTTTTT!!! I just got done reading the whole "K04 GTI vs R" thread. Candy Coated is threatening Stage 3 already on me. I had to put bars on my windows and doors to keep him out of the house from stealing mah bbk. lol :bellyroll:

Yeah, too bad you guys had to turn back, the rain really, well...

..honestly...

...rained on your parade, lol.

I almost spit my coffee out just now hahahaha. It really did. You should have seen us. We got to gonzales and made a loop around the big curve there... all of a sudden it was like we were looking straight at hurricane katrina. We instantly hopped off the interstate and made plans to go back to NOLA for WOW Wings. Best part of all is that Melissa came out for the first time with me.. she gets the whole car thing now, likes everyone and oh she wants an audi now haha. Sucks we didn't meet up with everyone in BR but our crew still had a great time. We had about 8 drivers. Brandon is considering scheduling a cruise or another C&C/track day for carts soon.

Pics!! :D

I remember when you were a new member....now look how far you've gone with your car already! Lol

Awww I'm all grown up! Haha. Thanks man!

It's funny you say this because I let a friend of mine drive my car last night while I drove his (long story). I was following behind it and realizing exactly what all I have done to the car already. It doesn't seem like a lot on paper but the car really is a pretty big change from stock in both appearance and driving. Watching my car on the road kind of made me fall back in love with it again. I've been too tempted by an audi the past few weeks.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
NSFW: CAR P0RN FOLLOWS THIS POST. KEEP YOUR PANTS ZIPPED UP PLZ KTHX.

:D

:thumbsup:

:wub:

I'll start with this because I didn't post it up since I've worked on the front grill more :)

Ok.. on with the pr0n....

Let's just say my decision to keep/sell has become even harder since opening this box :( The kit contains all hardware and brake lines, etc. I didn't get pictures of the rest because the boxes containing hardware have to be opened up and can't be sealed back, so keeping them sealed in the event that I do sell them. These rotors and calipers are effin MASSIVE. Like, the size of plac's head massive. Real shit.

Last edited:

A_Bowers

STOP ITTTTTT!!! I just got done reading the whole "K04 GTI vs R" thread. Candy Coated is threatening Stage 3 already on me. I had to put bars on my windows and doors to keep him out of the house from stealing mah bbk. lol :bellyroll:

K04...i will not stop it.

You still will spend less $$$....cant wait.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
K04...i will not stop it.

You still will spend less $$$....cant wait.

Not really less. Guy that wants them will pay $2400 shipped. Probably cost $50 to ship.. .so $2350 pocketed. K04 is $2649 + $400 install = $3049. Would have to come out of pocket about $700 AND I would for SURE need a clutch at that point so it really becomes about $1700 to move to K04. Other option, of course, is like we discussed and going full stage 2 bolt on status to be ready for K04 next year, which is still not out the question.

Alternatively, I can wait for BBQ next year and go K04 for like what, $2100 installed? That is if the A3/S3 sedan isn't released and sways me over to Audi. I'm pretty much stopping at Stage 2 until the end of the month when we find out more from the LA Auto Show.

Oh a positive note.. I am waiting to send paypal on my SPM DP today. Looking to be a pretty nice deal. I'm on vacation next week so I'll be taking my car to Autobahn South for the install and stage 2 reflash.

A_Bowers

Werd. I'm looking hard at the CTS k04 for the spring season.

Can't beat that price. And DIY install with Grambles. You just need to make a Friday Saturday Sunday trip up here ans we will have a big ole party

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Werd. I'm looking hard at the CTS k04 for the spring season.

Can't beat that price. And DIY install with Grambles. You just need to make a Friday Saturday Sunday trip up here ans we will have a big ole party

No kidding. Beers galore. Oh....and I guess K04 boners

Merkle

Banned
Too bad it got rained out, there was a HUGE turnout too. There were a few exotics and a couple of rarities. Ross was there too. Once that rain hit everyone scattered like that scene from Fast and Furious.

If I could have given you a ride in my Stg.2 you would have ordered your downpipe already. :D

If you do go to Alabama for a K04 install, I'd love to tag along and see what all goes into that.

ruan9n

Ready to race!
WOW! That VW racing bbk is a work of art. Had no idea it cost that much, I know someone over here which has a fully built apr stage 3 golf R with the whole VWracing catalog fitted! Brakes, wheels, everything!

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
No kidding. Beers galore. Oh....and I guess K04 boners

Yes. K04 boners for everyone

I SOOOOO could do this :thumbsup:

WOW! That VW racing bbk is a work of art. Had no idea it cost that much, I know someone over here which has a fully built apr stage 3 golf R with the whole VWracing catalog fitted! Brakes, wheels, everything!

Yep, crazy money. Anything VWR makes is expensive besides their springs though lol. Would love to see this R you speak of. Too bad the euro scene in NOLA isn't exactly top notch :cry:

ruan9n

Ready to race!